• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fanatic Films - Transformers G1 Returns!

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Was anyone here aware about this project? I'm shocked to find there's scarcely anything about it.

They managed about two full episodes and began work on a third, but the guy wound up getting a promotion at his job and it killed all the momentum.

Last edited:
Update: They're back! New episode due in August!

Hello Everyone,

I've got an announcement that I know many of you have been waiting a long time to hear: We are FINALLY back..... Yes, for REAL!!!

I've actually been back to work on the project full time for several weeks now but I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up if there was any doubt that I'd be able to finish all the remaining episodes. I'm happy to say, everything is going to plan and there's no foreseeable obstacles that will prevent the remainder of Season 4 (unofficial, of course) from being completed.

I'm about halfway done the current episode "Pretender to the Throne" Part 2 and it should be done sometime in August. I will post an update when I have a more specific timeline and may even schedule a premiere so we can watch it together and I can answer any questions you may have.

Well, it's been over 5 years since the last episode was posted. In that time, the channel has grown by over 6,000 subscribers (nearing 10K in total!) with ZERO new content. More amazingly, the channel has gained more than 2 million views in that time! I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all once again, particularly those of you who have been here from the beginning of the project wayyyyy back in 2013.

I'm looking forward to interacting with ALL of you again.

Til all are one!

Chris AKA "The main guy"]

Wow! Thanks for sharing these. Had no idea they exsited. The only fan project I was aware of were for the custom English dubbings for the Japanese series

Wow! Thanks for sharing these. Had no idea they exsited. The only fan project I was aware of were for the custom English dubbings for the Japanese series
Yeah, I've seen a handful of those Headmaster dub projects on Youtube. Two channels in particular, but unless I'm missing any, I don't think any of them finished either and their content dried up.

I haven't looked at any of it in a very long time. Thought they did a few episodes at the very least

Their first new video in five years is an ad for the Operation: Recall Kickstarter

In the meantime, they have confirmed the new episode is 75% done and they're aiming for an August release date

New episode premieres Friday August 19th

Last edited:
Latest update from their community page

Hi Folks,

Apologies for the lack of communication lately - had a ton of stuff going on in real life so haven't had as much time to work on the episode lately as I would have liked but we're only about 3 - 4 weeks behind schedule so nothing too bad. Now aiming for early January for the next upload.

A special preview of the next instalment of "Pretender to the Throne", music and dialouge is there, but the SFX is not

Chris here, the "main guy" @ Fanatic Films. I just created an account here to say thank you to Zarius for the free publicity! lol

As anyone interested already knows (thanks to Zarius!) we are indeed back to work on the project after a 5+ year hiatus and will be seeing it through to the end of the season, at the very least, which has another 4 more mini-episodes to go. The plan after that is to approach Hasbro to see if we can get commissioned for an official web-series in the same vein as our project. We're really lucky to have Kirk Bozigian (legendary co-creator of the G.I. Joe ARAH toyline) on board to help us with our pitch. Some exciting stuff on the horizon for us and fans of our little project!

If anyone has questions or comments, I'll check back here periodically and do my best to answer them.

Thanks again to Zarius and anyone else who watches our stuff!

It's an honour to have you with us here Fanatic, I discovered your work a year ago by pure chance and I was hooked. The quality and dedication put into these episodes is truly something else and the remixing and editing is something I feel is IFDB worthy at times. Your team's work I think could easily just as much have a home here, most of us here aspire to be industry-standard editors and we could definitely help the production if you want to ask around.

You could even assemble a little extra pair of hands from our pool of talent if you feel so inclined, in case you want to extend the number of episodes.

It boggles my mind how Hasbro have never truly continued the original G1 series as it was. I always thought there was some red tape involved, a lot of the older series' lore is not all directly tied to the mythos Hasbro prefers to go with, which is based off of the comics and books etc...I'm just spitballing theories as to why it's left in it's own corner of course.

Having a guy on board with ties to Hasbro properties is an encouraging sign, someone at the top clearly knows there's an audience and an appetite, I'm sure he's already been an enormous help navigating you through these uncharted waters.

I especially like when you combine all your mini-episodes together to form a complete 25-minute episode.

Keep up the good work on these 'transformative' works of art, we look forward to them.

Zarius back to work being our PR guy! Thanks again for all the help in keeping people informed about our project. And thanks also for the kind words in your last message!

If you like the compilation episodes, keep an eye out in the coming days as I plan on putting the last 3 ep arc together as another compilation.

If you like the compilation episodes, keep an eye out in the coming days as I plan on putting the last 3 ep arc together as another compilation.
Awesome news. I love all you put out obviously, but the compilations are my favourite experience with this vision of Transformers!

FF are in need of new voice actors for Ultra Magnus, Cyclonus, and Spike

Pretender to the Thronbe- The complete adventure!

An update from their community page (this was about 11 days ago)

Good news for a change: The next episode is back on schedule! It's probably another month to 6 weeks out but it's coming along nicely with just about all the dialogue and lip syncing (AKA the most time consuming part, AKA the most painful part) is nearly done. I'll post another update once I have a more precise date. Til then, thanks for sticking with us!

Back
Top Bottom