• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fan games

MatrixMan117

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Any really great fan games or game-materials I should look out for? I go for anything really.

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man I love fan games. I'm especially a sucker for crossovers. Right now I'm slowly working my way through Mushroom Kingdom Fusion, which is a fantastic mash-up of Mario, Megaman, and a plethora of other games that's been in and out of development for years, recently being picked up again.

Cliffback

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The hugest letdowns I've experienced when it comes to fan games are the Middle Earth Roleplaying Project mod for Skyrim takedown through a cease and desist letter from Warner Bros. That one could have been spectacular, and it's a shame the companies don't realize that this is just free marketing!

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Another Metroid 2 Remake (AM2R) is one of the best metroid games I've played, only behind metroid fusion.

Not really a standalone game, but I'm currently playing a mod of half-life 2 called entropy zero and it is quite frankly fantastic. It's very much like blue shift or opposing force.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's a lot of really good Sonic the Hedgehog games, like "After the Sequel", which is set between Sonic 2 and Sonic 3.

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Entropy Zero... I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone that loves Half Life.
And Half-Life 2: DownFall as well.
That comment was written by a bot, almost exactly rephrasing my post.

GarStazi

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That comment was written by a bot, almost exactly rephrasing my post.
I am a robot; No longer a man; I can't act on impulse; Nor can I plan; I'm always awake; I can't fall asleep; I may be metal; But my wounds are so deep; I cannot judge; I have no opinion; I cannot believe; I have no religion; I'm a machine; I have no brain; No sense of reason; Yet I am insane; I have no family; But I'm made from man; I am a robot; It's just who I am. (by Leatherhands)

PS: if you're so sure, test me, let's go for a Turing Test

🤖🤖🤖

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am a robot; No longer a man; I can't act on impulse; Nor can I plan; I'm always awake; I can't fall asleep; I may be metal; But my wounds are so deep; I cannot judge; I have no opinion; I cannot believe; I have no religion; I'm a machine; I have no brain; No sense of reason; Yet I am insane; I have no family; But I'm made from man; I am a robot; It's just who I am. (by Leatherhands)

PS: if you're so sure, test me, let's go for a Turing Test

🤖🤖🤖
I'm not talking about you. I was telling you that post was by a bot, The one you quoted.

Compare it to what I wrote.

Not really a standalone game, but I'm currently playing a mod of half-life 2 called entropy zero and it is quite frankly fantastic. It's very much like blue shift or opposing force.

At the moment, I'm enjoying an amazing Half-Life 2 mod called Entropy Zero. It reminds me of the blue shift or the opposite energy.

Last edited:

GarStazi

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The one you quoted.
Robot-like, I move through life, I feel no pain, endure no strife. Each day's the same, each smile is fake, broken, I no longer break. I live my lifetime in a daze, blindly fumble through a haze, I've never known a day of fun, I can't remember even one. All I do is work and sleep, and pray the Lord my soul to keep. (by Danielle White)

PS: speaking of robots and fan games (to stay on-topic), there's a Pirate Robot mod for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, it's really funny; and there's tons of mods to play as robots in Fallout 3 and Fallout 4, I've tried a few

🤖🤖🤖

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, full stop please on the accusations of and false impressions of bots. Staff monitors posts and will employ emps on any rogue sentinels. Further posts should return to the discussion of fan games. It is also typical for users to comment/respond with similar content when such is brought up. Like minds are not hive or bot minds. Commonalities have the opportunity to link people in positives ways. Let's assume that :) Thanks!

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Alright, full stop please on the accusations of and false impressions of bots. Staff monitors posts and will employ emps on any rogue sentinels. Further posts should return to the discussion of fan games. It is also typical for users to comment/respond with similar content when such is brought up. Like minds are not hive or bot minds. Commonalities have the opportunity to link people in positives ways. Let's assume that :) Thanks!
It just makes me feel incredibly violated to see my post so obviously paraphrased. It's pretty obvious that that poster doesn't know what they are even saying because opposing force is the name of an expansion pack, yet they changed it to 'opposite energy'. I'm not one to throw accusations baselessly. I reported the post as soon as it appeared and yet it's still there.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It just makes me feel incredibly violated to see my post so obviously paraphrased. It's pretty obvious that that poster doesn't know what they are even saying because opposing force is the name of an expansion pack, yet they changed it to 'opposite energy'. I'm not one to throw accusations baselessly. I reported the post as soon as it appeared and yet it's still there.
I'm sorry you feel violated. The post you reported was actually not GarStazi's. The post you of StarGazi that you quoted reads differently enough to observing eyes. Again, any further discussion in this thread will need to stay on the thread topic. Please PM staff with further concerns.

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I never once accused Garstazi of anything.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Temp lock of thread. Please PM staff as requested multiple times.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thread reopened. Please resume discussion of fan games. Thanks all!

tremault

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Entropy Zero... I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone that loves Half Life.
And Half-Life 2: DownFall as well.
Have you played the sequel to it? Entropy zero 2 is much more extensive and very cool.

I believe the developer is making a third now.

JosephDQuinn

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was playing a fan made Pokemon game called Shiney Gold version. It was based on Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal, but had updated graphics like those in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, and feature Pokemon between generations 1 and 6. The story mode is an original plot, features characters from all of the games (with new personalities to add diversity to the types of characters), and includes Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, the Orange Islands and maybe even the Shinnoh region as playable locations to travel to. It's the biggest pokemon game I've ever played! The only complaint I have is that the gym leaders are so strong early on that you have to spend literal hours grinding to level up enough to beat them. I eventually stopped playing because I couldn't beat the Elite Four the first time through and didn't want to dedicate another 10 hours to grinding. Still, it's the Pokemon game I always wanted.

Top Bottom