Better edits through feedback.
- Reaction score
- Trophy Points
Welcome to the 2020 edition of the "Oscars of the Fanedits"! Thank you to all faneditors, for providing distraction, inspiration, and occasionally straight-up awesomeness with the 149(!) fanedits you created in 2020. Here is where we show our appreciation for those fanedits that positively stand out. The annual FEOTY has multiple categories, different from the monthly FEOTM which is one category. These awards are more than a round of applause to the winning editors, they confirm a level of quality that helps us now and in future to evaluate which fanedits we choose to watch. Go, watch, enjoy, and vote!
THE CALL FOR ENTRIES FOR FEOTY 2020 IS NOW OPEN! Post your submission(s) in this thread or PM me.
How to Submit Fanedits for FEOTY 2020: Approved Faneditors may submit entries for FEOTY categories. You may not submit yourself or your own work. If any category receives fewer than 3 or more than 12 entries, FE Moderators will consider which, if any, fanedits get added or removed before voting starts. The ten categories for FEOTY are:
a) "Fan Edit Of The Year". This is the big one! This category consists of the 12 FEOTM winners.
b) "Best TV to Movie Edit".
c) "Best Extended Edition".
d) "Best Short Of The Year".
e) "Best Combination Of The Year".
f) "Best Fan Edit by a New Editor".
g) "Best New Fan Editor Of The Year".
h) "Fan Editor Of The Year". Because FE is a community, winners in this category tend to be not only technically outstanding editors, but active and helpful in the forums.
i) "Best Cover Art Of The Year".
j) "Paradigm Award". An award for the fanedit that best shows the power and possibilities of fanediting. That makes you go "Wow, I hadn't realized you could do that / make that work."
To help you see which categories you can nominate your favorite edits for, you can sort the IFDB by categories.
Can't sort by New Editors & their New Edits so here's their list (click their names to get lists of their 2020 edits):
1) Active FE forum members may vote when they have been registered for more than a month and have a minimum of 5 posts. Checking this is done by FE moderators who cannot do this all the time of every day. As a result polls may be temporarily incorrect. Before you vote, please ensure you meet the criteria.
2) You may vote once in every category. You may not vote for yourself or your own work.
3) FEOTY entries can be submitted until 31 March. The voting polls will run for two months, until 31 May.
4) In case of a tie, the winner will be the edit that got the most nominations for entry. In case of FEOTMs that are automatically entered, the number of votes as FEOTM count as nominations.
5) Good sportsmanship: a) If you have a fanedit entered in a category, shout it from the rooftops! Just take care that you encourage people to vote for the category instead of specifically for your edit. For example, this is good: "My Something_Amazing edit is one of the entries for FEOTY! Please remember to vote for the edit you like best." While this goes too far: "My Something_Amazing edit is up for FEOTY! Go vote for my edit!" Enthusiasm that crosses into the grey area of "is it or isn't it" will be evaluated by FE moderators on a case by case basis. b) In the event of vote manipulation, FE moderators may adjust the number of votes or disqualify an entry.