• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fan Edit Of The Year (FEOTY) 2020: and the WINNERS are...!

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fan Edit of the Year - Thor: Odinson? by @Malthus (Only one that I've seen, but it's also just very well made)
Best TV to Movie Edit - Star Trek: Let the World Slip by @The Warlord (Combining unrelated episodes of a show to tell one story is just an amazing concept that I've thought about a lot, and here is a good example of how it can be done)
Best Extended Edition - Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - Expanded Edition by @Bobson Dugnutt (I love Star Wars, and I love seeing what the deleted scenes can offer. Extended edits of Star Wars movies seem to be rare, so this was a surprise to be sure...but a welcome one.)
Best Short of the Year - Groucho Marxist by @doggo moon (This edit cuts a ~2 hour movie down to 45 minutes without feeling like anything is missing, and that is worth celebrating)
Best Combination - The Night of Samhain by @LastSurvivor (These two movies are unrelated, but they share similar themes and concepts, and when assembled like this it's really made clear how well they complement each other)
Best Fan Edit by a New Editor - Groucho Marxist by @doggo moon (I just really love this edit)
Best New Fan Editor of the Year - @Malthus (Malthus is an awesome person who I've come to really like, I'm happy to have him as a part of this community)
Fan Editor of the Year - @Bobson Dugnutt (Bobson has made so many edits, it's very impressive and inspiring)
Best Cover Art of the Year - The Night of Samhain by @LastSurvivor (This cover art is a family affair, assembled by LastSurvivor with the art itself drawn by his wife, there's something special about that. Covers made from modifying poster art or promotional art and whatnot can still be nice, but to have new art drawn just for this is especially cool, and it also just looks really nice)
Paradigm Award - Omen Revelations by @bionicbob and @LastSurvivor (I love edits that combine multiple movies in unique ways, which this does, it's just really cool. I'm not sure if Bob helped edit or if he just helped with ideas, but in any case it's awesome to see his name on a new edit. Collaborative work is awesome and can provide very interesting ideas that you wouldn't necessarily see in a solo effort)

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Best Combination - The Night of Samhain by @LastSurvivor (These two movies are unrelated, but they share similar themes and concepts, and when assembled like this it's really made clear how well they complement each other)

Best Cover Art of the Year - The Night of Samhain by @LastSurvivor (This cover art is a family affair, assembled by LastSurvivor with the art itself drawn by his wife, there's something special about that. Covers made from modifying poster art or promotional art and whatnot can still be nice, but to have new art drawn just for this is especially cool, and it also just looks really nice)
Paradigm Award - Omen Revelations by @bionicbob and @LastSurvivor (I love edits that combine multiple movies in unique ways, which this does, it's just really cool. I'm not sure if Bob helped edit or if he just helped with ideas, but in any case it's awesome to see his name on a new edit. Collaborative work is awesome and can provide very interesting ideas that you wouldn't necessarily see in a solo effort)
@jrWHAG42 thanks so much for the kind nominations... always feel humbled when anyone goes to the trouble of writing a review for any of my edits, let alone nominate them ;)
Both of the edits you mention are special ones to me, and I tell you right now, my wife will be ecstatic that you liked the cover art she did for Night of Samhain. I loved what she did for that, and I want to try and get more original art from her for future projects.
In terms of Omen Revelations, Bob did not do any "physical editing" as such. However, we worked closely on this by sending videos to one another, skyping, and he came up with loads of suggestions in how to make this edit work. So I feel it's fitting that he's credited as co-editor. Thanks again :)

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fan Edit of the Year - Thor: Odinson? by @Malthus
Best New Fan Editor of the Year - @Malthus (Malthus is an awesome person who I've come to really like, I'm happy to have him as a part of this community)

Thank you Jr and thank you too @mnkykungfu. It's a real honour to get a nomination. This community has been an oasis of calm in this very uncertain world and it makes me really happy knowing that I've been a positive force in it for others. I guess what I'm saying is maybe the real fanedits are the friends we made along the way.

The Warlord

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fan Edit of the Year - Thor: Odinson? by @Malthus (Only one that I've seen, but it's also just very well made)
Best TV to Movie Edit - Star Trek: Let the World Slip by @The Warlord (Combining unrelated episodes of a show to tell one story is just an amazing concept that I've thought about a lot, and here is a good example of how it can be done)
Best Extended Edition - Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - Expanded Edition by @Bobson Dugnutt (I love Star Wars, and I love seeing what the deleted scenes can offer. Extended edits of Star Wars movies seem to be rare, so this was a surprise to be sure...but a welcome one.)
Best Short of the Year - Groucho Marxist by @doggo moon (This edit cuts a ~2 hour movie down to 45 minutes without feeling like anything is missing, and that is worth celebrating)
Best Fan Edit by a New Editor - Groucho Marxist by @doggo moon (I just really love this edit)
Fan Editor of the Year - @Bobson Dugnutt (Bobson has made so many edits, it's very impressive and inspiring)
Thank you for nominating me! :)

CourtlyHades296

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I nominate Rise of Skywalker: Resurgence by krausfadr for paradigm award. When a community comes together for ideas, innovation in fanedits end up happening. The way the OT.com community fed each other ideas led to this innovative Rey Nobody edit that might be the best TROS edit so far.

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
👋 Hi there.

THIS IS THE FINAL CALL FOR ENTRIES!

Submit your (remaining) entries today!

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Been watching a ton of edits and a lot that I would nominate have already been nominated! I can't wait to begin voting! Here's my final noms:

I nominate @Bobson Dugnutt for h) "Fan Editor Of The Year" - so many "extended editions" offered up this year to the fan-editing community, its nuts really.

Cover Art - can I nominate more than one? There are so many good ones! Maybe others can nominate more in the last moments since we don't need to watch the movie for that category...

My Cover Art nom is for "Finest Hour: A Supercut of Dunkirk and Darkest Hour" by @eldusto84 . I'm a sucker for great graphics.

( If I can nominate more in the Cover Art category, "Driver (A Drive 2011 edit)" by @Malthus and "The Man Who Knew Too Much: The Scribbling Cut" by @The Scribbling Man )

Last edited:

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The polls are up. Please cast your vote for your favorites in each category (each poll has its own thread).

15 candidates for "Fan Edit Of The Year":
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Part 2 - The Consequences Edit by Wakeupkeo
Blade Runner: The Penultimate Cut by TM2YC
Dune: Deluxe Edition by 15MaF
Finest Hour: A Supercut of Dunkirk and Darkest Hour by eldust084
Godzilla vs The World by Malthus
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Entirely Respectable Edition by TM2YC
Jaws 2: Extended Integral Edition by RidgeShark
Logan Gothic by dannydangle
Rocketman: Diamond Edition by Problem Eliminator
Spider-Man 3: Back and Black by It'sOnRandom (aka SonofSinbad)
Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker: Anti-Cringe-Cut by DonKamillo
Thor: Odinson? - Godsized Edition by Malthus
For Your Eyes Only: 007 Cut by nostromo777
Hobbit part 1 & 2 by Wraith
Thor The Dark World- Converged Edition by Bobson Dugnutt

3 candidates for Best TV to Movie Edit:
Doctor Who - The Caves of Androzani: The Movie Edit by LastSurvivor
Mr. White by ItsOnRandom
Star Trek: Let the World Slip by The Warlord

3 candidates for Best Extended Edition:
Ghostbusters II- Time is But a Window by Bobson Dugnutt
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - Expanded Edition by Bobson Dugnutt
Alien v Alien Covenant Extended Cut by Wraith

1 candidate for Best Short Of The Year:
Groucho Marxist by Doggo Moon

2 candidates for Best Combination Of The Year:
007 The Unofficial Series by DigModiFicaTion
The Night of Samhain by LastSurvivor

3 candidates for Best Fan Edit by a New Editor:
The Counselor: Special Edition by Wakeupkeo
Groucho Marxist by doggo moon

3 candidates for Best New Fan Editor Of The Year:
Malthus
Wakeupkeo
jrZAG42

4 candidates for Fan Editor Of The Year:
Malthus
The Scribbling Man
subjectzero
Bobson Dugnutt

8 candidates for Best Cover Art Of The Year:
Fight Club: I Am Jack's Laryngitis - Redux by macmilln
Live and Let Die: Less is MOORE Edition by MusicEd921
Driver (A Drive 2011 edit) by Malthus
Finest Hour: A Supercut of Dunkirk and Darkest Hour by eldusto84
The Man Who Knew Too Much: The Scribbling Cut by The Scribbling Man

3 candidates for Paradigm Award:
Babylon 5 movie series by subjectzero
Omen Revelations by @bionicbob and @LastSurvivor

Congratulations to all candidates for being nominated! In July we'll find out who wins their categories. In the mean time: watch these edits and cast your votes!

Last edited:

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The polls are up. Please cast your vote for your favorites in each category (each poll has its own thread).

15 candidates for "Fan Edit Of The Year":
Dune: Deluxe Edition by 15MaF
Finest Hour: A Supercut of Dunkirk and Darkest Hour by eldust084
Godzilla vs The World by Malthus
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Entirely Respectable Edition by TM2YC
Jaws 2: Extended Integral Edition by RidgeShark
Rocketman: Diamond Edition by Problem Eliminator
Spider-Man 3: Back and Black by It'sOnRandom (aka SonofSinbad)
Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker: Anti-Cringe-Cut by DonKamillo
Thor: Odinson? - Godsized Edition by Malthus
Hobbit part 1 & 2 by Wraith
Thor The Dark World- Converged Edition by Bobson Dugnutt

3 candidates for Best TV to Movie Edit:
Doctor Who - The Caves of Androzani: The Movie Edit by LastSurvivor
Mr. White by ItsOnRandom
Star Trek: Let the World Slip by The Warlord

3 candidates for Best Extended Edition:
Ghostbusters II- Time is But a Window by Bobson Dugnutt
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - Expanded Edition by Bobson Dugnutt
Alien v Alien Covenant Extended Cut by Wraith

1 candidate for Best Short Of The Year:
Groucho Marxist by Doggo Moon

2 candidates for Best Combination Of The Year:
007 The Unofficial Series by DigModiFicaTion

3 candidates for Best Fan Edit by a New Editor:
The Counselor: Special Edition by Wakeupkeo
Groucho Marxist by doggo moon

3 candidates for Best New Fan Editor Of The Year:
Malthus
Wakeupkeo
jrZAG42

4 candidates for Fan Editor Of The Year:
Malthus
The Scribbling Man
subjectzero
Bobson Dugnutt

8 candidates for Best Cover Art Of The Year:
Fight Club: I Am Jack's Laryngitis - Redux by macmilln
Live and Let Die: Less is MOORE Edition by MusicEd921
Driver (A Drive 2011 edit) by Malthus
Finest Hour: A Supercut of Dunkirk and Darkest Hour by eldusto84
The Man Who Knew Too Much: The Scribbling Cut by The Scribbling Man

3 candidates for Paradigm Award:
Babylon 5 movie series by subjectzero
Omen Revelations by @bionicbob and @LastSurvivor

Congratulations to all candidates for being nominated! In July we'll find out who wins their categories. In the mean time: watch these edits and cast your votes!
Hi

I can't see where to submit votes anywhere...

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here it is! The moment we honor our faneditors and their amazing work!

oscars-oscar-sunday.gif

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
While Covid got us stuck in a 'Groundhog Day' loop where it was sometimes hard to remember the day of the week, our fanediting blossomed. All those hours being stuck at home, plus the comfort and sanity of familiarity and steady progress while working on our edits, has yielded an exceptional list of fanedits. Here are the results of FE's 2020 Fan Edit Of The Year awards:

oscars-standing-ovation.gif

FAN EDIT OF THE YEAR

Winner: Blade Runner: The Penultimate Cut by TM2YC
a1, i1 Blade Runner - Penultimate.jpg

Runner-Up: Finest Hour: A Supercut of Dunkirk and Darkest Hour by eldust084
a2 finesthour.jpg

BEST TV TO MOVIE EDIT

Winner: Mr. White by ItsOnRandom
b1 Mr White.jpg

Runner-Up: Doctor Who - The Caves of Androzani: The Movie Edit by LastSurvivor
b2 Doctor Who - Caves.jpg

BEST EXTENDED EDITION

Winner: Ghostbusters II- Time is But a Window by Bobson Dugnutt
c1 Ghostbusters 2 - window.jpg

Runner-Up: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - Expanded Edition by Bobson Dugnutt
c2 RotS expanded.jpg

Special congratulations to @Bobson Dugnutt for being both the winner and runner-up in the Extended Edition category! You are the undisputed master of extended fanedits!

BEST SHORT OF THE YEAR

Winner: Groucho Marxist by Doggo Moon
d1 Groucho Marxist.jpg

No runner-up in the Short category this year. Somehow most faneditors were drawn to making full-length edits this time.

BEST COMBINATION OF THE YEAR

Winner: 007 The Unofficial Series by DigModiFicaTion
e1 007 series.jpg

Runner-Up: The Night of Samhain by LastSurvivor
e2 Night of Samhain.jpg

!!! CONTINUES IN NEXT POST !!!

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

BEST FAN EDIT BY A NEW EDITOR

Winner: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Part 2 - The Consequences Edit by Wakeupkeo
f1 Batman vs Superman.jpg

Runner-Up: The Counselor: Special Edition by Wakeupkeo
f2 Counselor.jpg

BEST NEW FAN EDITOR OF THE YEAR

Winner: Malthus
g1 Malthus.jpg

Runner-Up: Wakeupkeo
g2 Wakeupkeo.png

FAN EDITOR OF THE YEAR

Winner: Bobson Dugnutt
h1 Bobson.png

Runner-Up: subjectzero
h2 Subjectzero.jpg

BEST COVER ART OF THE YEAR

Winner: Blade Runner: The Penultimate Cut by TM2YC
a1, i1 Blade Runner - Penultimate.jpg

This cover earned as many votes as the other 7 candidates combined! And it's this edit's second WIN. Awesome!

Runner-Up: Live and Let Die: Less is MOORE Edition by MusicEd921
i2 Live and Let Die - less is moore.jpg

!!! CONTINUES IN NEXT POST !!!

Last edited:

lapis molari

Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

PARADIGM AWARD

Winner: Omen Revelations by @bionicbob and @LastSurvivor
j1 Omen Revelations.jpg

Runners-Up: For Your Eyes Only: 007 Cut by nostromo777
j2 FYEO 007.jpg

Runners-Up: Babylon 5 movie series by subjectzero
j2 B5 series.jpg

Unusually, this year's Paradigm Award has two runners-up. The entries are so different and complementary in their scope and transformative result, that FE proudly congratulates both Runners-Up for their achievement!

leonardo-di-caprio-oscars.gif

Congratulations to all the faneditors who made these incredible edits! Thank you on behalf of all your fellow enthusiasts who enjoyed watching your interpretations of these movies and TV series.

A tremendous 'Thank You' to everyone on FE who contributed to these stellar edits through feedback, technical help, and straight-up enthusiasm.

Top Bottom