• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fan Edit Of The Year (FEOTY) 2020: and the WINNERS are...!

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Disbelief Reaction GIF

Wow. Best new editor. I am truly humbled.

Fanediting truly became my crutch during the pandemic. It's such a rich hobby with seemingly endless skills to hone and ideas to explore plus it has the added benefit of having a wonderful community attached to it. It really was the perfect distraction.

I know, when compared to some of my fanediting heroes, I'm barely scratching the surface but it pleases me greatly that my efforts have been deemed worthy of acknowledgement. I've made some incredible connections this past year whilst working on my various projects and I look forward to making many more in the future.

To those who helped me develop my skills, to those who previewed my drafts and those who watched and reviewed my edits, I say thank you, thank you so very much. And to those who voted for @Wakeupkeo instead of me...

Last edited:

Wakeupkeo

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Its official! My deepest congratulations to all the nominees, truly a great year!

What a first year for me for sure, I am so honored to be a part of this list! This community saved my sanity through this pandemic, and that is priceless, so thank you all.

The community has be so welcoming and supportive, and the amazing work that fan editing is maturing into is exciting to be a part of.

And for those that voted for @Malthus...

accepting season 8 GIF
;)

The Scribbling Man

Tenant of the Tower of Flints
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations to you all! Wonderful community, wonderful hobby, wonderful people. Really glad we are able to hold things like this. Well done to all for your hard work - both admins and editors, winners and runners up (and runner runners up). :)

In the words of Al Gore:

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Congratulations to all the winners and runner ups and thanks to everybody who voted (y). Events in real life have left little time for me to do much or any fan editing this year sadly, so it's very nice that the last thing I actually managed to finish was appreciated by somebody. It's encouragement to get back into the hobby as soon as I can find the time. Thanks.

I bought myself a vintage 1992 Blade Runner Director's Cut poster recently, so I can enjoy staring at the close up of Deckard's eyes that I used in the fanedit artwork every time I pass it :) .

51431076136_25749741a9_b.jpg

Plus mega thanks to @lapis molari for running the awards.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

nostromo777

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you for the honor of being runner up for the Paradigm award! FWIW, many of the bugs in the original version have been remedied. :)

lapis molari

Better edits through feedback.
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Do we need a Best Trailer category for next year?
That's an interesting idea. We'll have to nail down some criteria or at least guidelines. E.g. is it enough to make a great trailer for the (theatrical) movie, or should the trailer really show off how the fanedit differs from the theatrical?

I find it really hard to make a good trailer, so I certainly appreciate those that do make 'm. :cool:

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's an interesting idea. We'll have to nail down some criteria or at least guidelines. E.g. is it enough to make a great trailer for the (theatrical) movie, or should the trailer really show off how the fanedit differs from the theatrical?

I find it really hard to make a good trailer, so I certainly appreciate those that do make 'm. :cool:
Wraith would be one to seek input from. His trailers for Split Unbreakable Glass are incredible.

Top Bottom