• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Family Guy - Special Edition Spectacular

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, so I picked up the new Family Guy DVD today and I'm a little disappointed. There are no deleted scenes on this for either the episode itself or the special. I was really looking forward to making an extended edition of both. On the plus side there is an animatic for the episode which has some alternate gags and a musical number. I really wish they had included these, in finished form, as deleted/alternate scenes because some of them are pretty funny and I'd love to have inserted that new musical number in there too.

Another negative thing about this is that the special is still censored, despite what I had read. Not only that but it's also cut. The total running time is 24:01 instead of the full 30-minutes when it originally aired. They cut out the two segments where Stewie introduces movie trailers, as well as the trailers themselves. I know one was for Ninja Assassin but I can't remember what the second one was. I doubt this allows this special to be included but maybe you could add the two segments where Stewie introduces the trailers. If it's still available for download, which I'm sure it is, I'll just download the 720p cap of the original airing and convert it to DVD for myself. Can't believe that they'd cut that out though.

Oh and it comes with a bonus disc too. Although why this was included I have no idea because all that's included on it is the first episode of four shows from FX. Those shows are "Sons Of Anarchy", "Archer", "The League", and "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia". What does FX have to do with FOX? The sticker on the slipcover says that it's 100+minutes of content on the bonus disc but I haven't popped it in yet so I can't verify just yet if anything else is included. Hopefully more Family Guy content is present but I don't know.

There's also two inserts that were included. One is for the American Dad and Family Guy DVD's and the second one is for some Family Guy board games. I'm guessing these are new because I've never seen anywhere, but I want them all. lol! The games are "Life", "Trivial Pursuit", "Monopoly", "Clue", and "Operation".

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Its " A-a-a-a-a" ;)

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
They banned it just for that scene?

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So the released version is edited?

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well I can't speak for the version shown on UK tv since I haven't seen it but the version released on Region 1 DVD is uncut and uncensored. But the Seth And Amy special that is included as an extra is edited. The only thing missing is the two movie trailers and their introductions done by Stewie. I don't know why they left those out and I was really annoyed that they did because the episode aired without any commercial breaks. Those two trailers were part of the show, otherwise Stewie wouldn't have introduced them.

Top Bottom