• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Family Guy - Special Edition Spectacular

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Family_Guy_SESlogo.png

potential contents:

Inside The Actors Studio - Cast of Family Guy: runtime 46 minutes INFO
Family Guy: Creating the Chaos: runtime 28 minutes INFO
Family Guy: The Story So Far...: runtime 29 minutes INFO
Family Guy Presents: The Top 20 Characters: runtime 28 minutes INFO

no longer included (scheduled for official release):

Family Guy Presents: Seth & Alex's Almost Live Comedy Show: runtime 24 minutes INFO

encoding everything now whilst I work around the house. If anyone has any images/ideas/videos they think would work well for intros and menus - lets get some ideas going...

Maybe you could do summat like my simpsons disc, moving iris etc.

thanks AvP. I thought about that. still might do. I was thinking it would be fun to have Stewey running around occasionally doing things. Thought I might be able to find a SWF animation to pull something out of. I wasn't able to find anything really useful so far.

Probably bumping this up to a 2-disc set now. Just got "Family Guy: The Top 20 Characters" as aired on BBC3 May 8th. Thanks AvP for that one.

FG20Characters.jpg

It will be a bit yet before I have time to work on all this, so it would be good to get some more material to fill the discs out a bit in the meantime. Let me know if anyone finds anything!!

I will keep my eyes open :)

Great, thanks! Also, Seth MacFarlane was on Craig Ferguson the other night (May 7, 2010). I found an HD copy of that. You guys know of any other talk show appearances by cast/creators?

No, but this looks sweet!

anyupdates on this project....

Also, Seth Macfarlane hosted "The Roast of David Hasselhoff"

No updates yet. I was hoping for a bit more material to fill out a 2-disc project. Nothing yet. I also wouldn't mind a cleaner capture for the Actor's Studio segment. Mine is pretty good, but there is a bit of analog noise.

This isn't at the top of my list to release. Working on a few other things simultaneously. Hopefully some more material will emerge. This WILL get done though.

Thanks for the info on the Roast of Hasselhoff. I doubt I will include that though, as it really has nothing to do with Family Guy.

ThrowgnCpr said:
No updates yet. I was hoping for a bit more material to fill out a 2-disc project. Nothing yet. I also wouldn't mind a cleaner capture for the Actor's Studio segment. Mine is pretty good, but there is a bit of analog noise.

I capped this myself when it aired here and it came out pretty nice. If you'd post some screenshots of your cap I could compare them to mine and if mine looks better you're welcome to use it for this project.

BTW, as I'm sure you're aware by now the Seth & Alex special is being released on DVD Tuesday in that new "Partial Terms Of Endearment" Family Guy DVD. There's going to be some deleted scenes, for both the episode and the special, so you might want to remove it from your list in the OP.

here are my caps I posted in another thread:

FG01.jpg

FG02.jpg

FG03.jpg

FG04.jpg

FG05.jpg

I did not know about the new DVD release. Thanks for the heads up. Not sure what to do now about # of discs.

Here's some screens of my cap. I tried to get as close to the ones you posted for better comparison. I also threw in an extra one. It looks a bit fuzzy on my computer but looks fine on my tv. Judge for yourself and let me know what you decide. Oh and btw, I recorded this in XP mode. The full size of the special is 2.99 GB's.

06742_001_122_639lo.JPG

06743_002_122_1171lo.JPG

06744_003_122_348lo.JPG

06745_004_122_710lo.JPG

06745_005_122_448lo.JPG

06746_006_122_79lo.JPG

Looking at them side by side though yours looks slightly better.

Thanks FC. They look pretty similar. Mine has a tad more apparent interlacing, but yours has more chroma noise. I'll probably just stick with what I have for now given how close they are. Really good caps of the Actors Studio sessions are almost impossible to come by.

Not a problem Throw. Just thought I'd offer. We'd probably get better caps if we had digital cable.

Frantic Canadian said:
Not a problem Throw. Just thought I'd offer. We'd probably get better caps if we had digital cable.
thanks. hehe, yeah, I am sure you are right. Though I am down to no cable now, :p

Back
Top Bottom