• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Falling Into Darkness: The Making of Episode III

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
34Ep83i.png
I've always been annoyed by the wide spread of behind-the-scenes content of the Prequels (specifically ROTS) and that the Complete Saga Blu-Ray has a lot of stuff buried within the "Collection" that most people would skip over. The DVD has some great stuff too, that was broken up into featurettes and webisodes, some of which were only on starwars.com. I've amassed all the Making-Of content that I could from a variety of sources to make a feature length documentary based around Revenge of the Sith, broken up into five chapters. 

Chapter I - The Cyborg and the Jedi (38min)
The first chapter discusses the opening battle over Coruscant and talks about the ships featured, General Grevious, Dooku, digital filmmaking, lightsabers and Obi-Wan, and his progression from Episode II and then into Episode IV

Chapter II - Capital of the Republic (27min)
This one is a bit more broad and kind of a catchall for a lot of stuff, but is mostly stuff on the city planet itself. Things included are Coruscant locations, Padme, Palpatine, Mace Windu and their fight, C-3PO, and finally costume and creature design.

Chapter III - The Expanding Galactic War (35min)
Planets, planets and more planets. The Clone Wars cover a lot of planets, and so does this section. Utapau, the Utapauns and the Boga chase dominate the first section. But Order 66 is described as well and the featured planets with Kashyyk and the Wookies taking up the backend. 

Chapter IV - Last Turn to the Dark Side (35min)
Anakin and his turn to Darth Vader is explored in great detail here in what I think is the longest section. Anakin as a character is discussed as well as Hayden Christianson as an actor. His development as a character across the trilogy and his darkness within, character design and costuming from his Jedi robes to his horrible burns and the Vader suit itself. 

Chapter V - The Fires Within (21min)
The last chapter covers Mustafar and the surprising miniatures that make up the planet. This is covered amazingly in "Within A Minute" so there's just a few tidbits here as well as some of the new Imperials being talked about. The rest shows some of the premiere, the joy from within the fanbase and the cast/crew and the conclusion of the journey of Episode I-VI. 

The current cut is 2:38, which is longer than the film itself. But considering this was cut down from 5 hours of footage, it ain't bad. I'll continue to make cuts here and there to fasten things up. 

Rough cuts are as follows (these have been updated since with more footage and cleaner cuts)

SOURCES

WEBISODES
- One World, Two Movies 
- Two Worlds, One Movie
- We Still Do A Little Bit
- Creating General Grevious
- This Weapon is Your Life
- Video Village
- Epic Designs for an Expanding Universe
- C3PO: His Moment to Shine
- Becoming Obi-Wan
- The Wookies Are Back
- B107: The Life of a HD Tape
- Bringing Creatures to Life
- Becoming Sideous
- Going to the Dark Side
- The Journey: Part 1 and 2

FEATURETTES
Episode III DVD (2005)
- Anakin: The Chosen One
- Its All For Real - The Stunts of Episode III

The Star Wars Trilogy Boxset Bonus Disc (2004)
- The Return of Darth Vader: Episode III Preview

Star Wars: The Complete Saga Blu-Ray (2011) 
- Coruscant, Utapau, Order 66/Kashyyk and Mustafar Overviews
- The Collection: Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Tion Medon, Burnt Anakin and Imperial Officer Costumes
- Utapau Sinkhole, Mustafar Mountain, Kashyyk Tree, Felucia Landscape, Boga, Arc 170 and Jedi 
                  Starfighters, The Invisible Hand, Grevious Models Minatures and Maquette
- Interviews: Samuel L Jackson, Natalie Portman, Ewan McGregor and Blue Screen Acting Discussion

OTHER
- Star Wars Episode III: ILM Siggraph 2005 Reel

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've got a rough cut up now if anyone would like to preview it. It's mostly technically sound and I know what needs fixing, but I wouldn't mind getting some fresh eyes to see if the whole things flows as a feature, or if it's better as a few segments episodically.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's the complete Chapter II, focusing in on Coruscant and the characters that inhabit it. I'm still working on some technical stuff like nametags below some of the people, but it's pretty much polished to a point where I am happy with it. 

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Does anyone have any name ideas? Ideally it'd be something Star Warsy but also a Making of-ish title. 

- Creating the Empire/Building the Empire: The Making of Episode III
- Rise of the Empire/The Rising Empire/Empire Rising: The Making of Episode III
- Falling Into Darkness: The Making of Episode III

The final cut is probably nearing completion. All the nametags, and technical details have been fixed to my knowledge so a release may be soon. 

Poster also needs to be created, so if anyone has some nice image suggestions, I wouldn't mind

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I actually like Falling into Darkness: The Making of Episode III... btw, this sounds awesome!  Will definitely be viewing this.

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
LastSurvivor said:
I actually like Falling into Darkness: The Making of Episode III... btw, this sounds awesome!  Will definitely be viewing this.

I was gravitating towards that one too, I've made a mockup poster for it with some concept art I found

MavYkxH.png

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's the opening segement, with some opening logos and titles, as well as a very dramatic montage 

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’ve found another featurette and now the running time is topping 2:51:41, and I’ve got to ask; is this release better done as a single feature, or as a chapter structre detailed earlier for ease of watching as I know many people can feel like almost 3 hours is a bit of a slog.
I’ve scrubbed through it again and cleaned up somethings and I’m assuming it’s ready for a final release and completion is nearing.
Did any of the previewers have feedback before I finalise this?

greenturnedblue

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I dont want to sound rude but I have been looking forward to this edit because I too have more or less given up on trying to watch all the BTS material from Revenge of the Sith. I sent a PM to Bobson a week or two ago inquiring about acquiring the edit but unfortunately I didn't get a response. What i'm wondering is if the edit is completed and ready to be shared, because as far as I understand edits posted to frontpage of IFDB are completely but in his signature it is listed under In the works

Once again I am not trying to be rude I would just like to inquire about the status of the edit! Cheers

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
greenturnedblue said:
What i'm wondering is if the edit is completed and ready to be shared

It's on IFDb so it is completed. @"Bobson Dugnutt" has a ton of edits and probably has quite the full inbox as a result. He's here every day so I'd just have patience. He's sure to get to your PM soon. :)

hothstation

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I would love to see this one too... I am sure it is fantastic and worth the wait!

Top Bottom