• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fallen Hero by Wraith

Wraith said:
I had to pull the first version and add the Lalo Schifin credit coz you tube instantly said there was third party material in the audio!!!!Dear god...incredible..when I clicked thru it actually named the track and composer, and that's with dialogue over it.
They have softwear which can remove that audio..as in deduct the music and leave the rest. I tested it. It aint bad either but I preferred to give credit as one should. I also had to revise my opening credit and end credit roll accordingly...and I was 90% rendered too.
Astonishing!?!?!?!
Thx for the feedback all.W

Vimeo is your friend.

It looks so much better now :) I love Heartbreak Ridge and Gran Torino, so I'll have to give this a view sometime after it's released.

Also, I agree with Gatos, check out Vimeo.

Third party material doesn't mean it is blocked.

Its not blocked, credit acknowledged and materials owned.
Impressive software mind you!
DL and MP4 early Aug.

Can't wait for the final version of this. To those who haven't seen the preview cut, I'm happy to say that I have, and the film is excellent-- definitely a Must-Watch fanedit! Not to be missed by Clint fans for sure :)

Thx for the polish mate!

ITS DONE>>DONE DONE DONE DONE ....fricking done...
rar DONE
DONE
CUT LIST DONE
COVER ART
DONE
PC working again.....can you believe I was just saving for the final render and ZAP..PC blue screen poo...
2 days to get the sodding thing back up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DONE
Taking a break during August.
FRINGE...finally....next....

DVD DL
- Feature rt 1:58:51
- Trailer77sec
- All GT deleted material 22min 25sec
- Abandoned concepts and sequences 6 min
- Edit Build 8 sec
- Chapters 18
- 2012 test open titles when it was a Dirty Harry Mashup 3 min

PHEW
I would officially and publically like to thank Neglify and Ranger613 (what are you on my friend?....how many edits in the past 6 weeks) for their support and time in previewing this and their invaluable comments .....
Keep an eye on the news page (bandwidth and bluescreen permitting).
W

This weekend it should be out......I tweaked the trailer a tad..."i'll take that as a yes" had the fraction of the next word...now resolved.
I wonder if Mr Eastwood would approve?...I thought this was a ride in the park when I began it....but it wasn't. Getting the balance right was tough and the previews invaluable in fine tuning that. Even as a faneditor you can get to close to the material. I look forward to any comments you have and thank you for your interest...
W

Gatos said:
Vimeo is your friend.

It's not, since a few weeks ago, vimeo started using a scanning software that detects the use of non-licensed music used in trailers and then blocks them immediately. That is trailers and videos posted using the free vimeo-basic-account.

Videos posted by paying customers of vimeo are exempted from being scanned, so it's basically a new instrument to get people to pay.

I just gave the credit, acknowledged ownership of the CD and stuck in the awkward "trailer music by LALO SHIFRIN" in...fair use...

What impressed me is that this trailer is full of dialogue and it STILL found the track and told me which it was etc. Apparently YOUTUBE have a software that can DEDUCT the offending audio from the soundtrack leaving the other material behind. I will test it to see what it does out of curiosity...but not today....

The detection is probably something like the Shazam app for smartphones.

Congrats on your release, can't wait to watch it!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed doing this one...It was a real pleasure to edit...just surprised that the changes hit 130 plus frankly...its the little things that make these work...I HOPE.
W

Just watched it and reviewed it on ifdb. Thanks again for all your hard work and thank you for thanking me (even though I am not sure what I did to get a thanks, I will take it :))

You participated here my friend.. That is encouragement !! (plus you have the coolest name)

Really liked you take on The Matrix trilogy so I am watching this next.

Back
Top Bottom