• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fallen Hero by Wraith

jswert123456

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i remember a film Coppola directed called Tetro that had mixed aspect ratios, got bit annoying.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Works fine....(on the monitor, n the window).....
....and then you watch on a TV screen....
OH MY!
Budapest started wide, and went academy...but only 3 changes.
Brainstorm did it for the recorded dreams...But that was in Showscan (an IMAX precursor...)
It's annoying on a big screen....
Thanks for the prod

I will add...That the preview on the Matrix BD was rendered over 18 months ago...That section does contain a flashback but the aspect ratio was maintained...The title credits have also been changes as has the edit name from Rogue: Hero to Fallen:Hero. At that point I had flashbacks from 6 movies... Implying that he'd been an air force pilot, Marine and policeman...TOO much.

I restricted that to failed pilot by using younger footage from Space Cowboys....I spent ages reworking that to remove the silliness and used footage from The Right Stuff to flesh out the X2 flight and crash...That was a year ago...I was very wed to that...but now, more recently...(and taking what I learnt from the discipline I imposed on myself for the matrix edit)...I reluctantly dropped that opening....Now he is just an old marine....Once I made that mental shift, the rest pretty much fell into place (though Heartbreak Ridge footage that was used also needed severe silliness removal to toughen up the tone (which I may do as a standalone)
The rest I'll leave to the viewing.
Am exceedingly grateful for your comments

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ok chaps....
You woz right...
Just spent ages reframing shot for shot (mostly), all the flashbacks. CLINT frames action centered, faces top of screen...so face shots need a crop AND 're-centering. Looks lot nicer...
Made 24 changes to audio issues and some reordering.
Custom credit roll to. Also dropped a tad of exposition and 2 more bits of silliness from Ridge.
Currently 1h58min

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FH is locked after many many tweaks, audio adjustments, flashback changes and above full aspect ratio correction for Heartbreak Ridge footage. A few pieces re-instated, some tightening up of lax timing on dialogue delivery and the big-un...how I close it. When you watch, you'll understand....I needed some timing to be perfect for a dramatic like coda...
currently being previewed for comment by Ranger613 and the retired (but active) Neglify.
Barring final comments, rt 1h58m41sec
Trailer will be in about 10 days following post preview changes and an August release. DVD DL with deleted scenes, coming soon and trailers extras and DVD SL Movie and Trailer only and MP4.
Rendering at the source default max rate.
Total changes excluding aspect ratio and colour timing, 149. As always, my OCD cutlist will accompany...
W

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wraith said:
FH is locked

i-dont-believe-you-79619336048.jpeg

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Previews by two editors...feedback so far requires a handful of trims....after second set of comments I will revise so aiming for early Aug release. Extra item being added of close up of Clint at the barber applying post shave sex panther aftershave.
EDIT UNLOCKED

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
5 lever locked...and to prove it...here's the trailer.....
ENJOY
[video=youtube_share;5N3KBjo2MGQ]

The one expletive/profanity has been covered by gunfire...it really ain't there....you just think it is.
W

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I did, but not for the trailer.
I spent a long time on the feature with all reframing done shot for shot.
Thx for the nudge though...I have refreshed but more importantly, I had missed 3 shots due to post preview changes.
Thx

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wraith said:
I did, but not for the trailer.
I spent a long time on the feature with all reframing done shot for shot.

OK, but trailers are meant to sell films. It should be representative of the final product, and get people excited about the movie. I would polish that trailer (including reframing the shots as in the edit) as much as possible. just my 2 cents.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have, and thanked you in my reply... 2 cents worth 10 cents
Thanks again
Link updated

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
That's a pretty damn good trailer! Glad you re-framed it properly. :)

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:

Agreed. Very nice trailer [MENTION=17386]Vultural[/MENTION]!

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Neglify said:

Agreed. Very nice trailer [MENTION=6320]Wraith[/MENTION]!

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had to pull the first version and add the Lalo Schifin credit coz you tube instantly said there was third party material in the audio!!!!Dear god...incredible..when I clicked thru it actually named the track and composer, and that's with dialogue over it.
They have softwear which can remove that audio..as in deduct the music and leave the rest. I tested it. It aint bad either but I preferred to give credit as one should. I also had to revise my opening credit and end credit roll accordingly...and I was 90% rendered too.
Astonishing!?!?!?!
Thx for the feedback all.W

Top Bottom