• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Fallen Hero by Wraith

Wraith said:
Really looking forward to that...We could subtitle these...maybe something like "The Clint Flashback Series"?
Shame we don't have an old cop movie of his to do the same to.

How about Blood Work or True Crime? They are both old man Clint cop-type movies

He was a reporter in True Crime, but you could possibly make it as if he's a plain-clothes detective. Blood Work was a terrible movie.

Maybe grab some scenes from Absolute Power?

While we're throwing out movies...

You could also use Coogan's Bluff for some flashback material. And Escape from Alcatraz if you want to go the route of "cop-turned-criminal" and that could segue into Absolute Power is Escape from Alcatraz's future.

You could also use A Perfect World if you want to give the backstory about him being a Texas Ranger that one time.

Or, really weird twist idea. He's senile old man and all these "flashbacks" are like fantasy day-dreams he has about the lives he could have lived.

Hmmmmm... Blood work n true crime... Time to rewatch.
I wanted to use isolated stand alone moments from the Dirty Harry Pentology...
in fact I'd picked 8 strong plot independent scenes but removing his name was required either from Torino or DH movies. Harry Callahan and Walt Wawalski.... Plus flashback cop vs decorated soldier is an anachronism.... But True crimes and blood does work.

In fact a ranger bounty hunter 4th movie would work...

Fallen hero needs 2 weeks more work. Matrix needs to be submitted first, then thus, Then a secret project....(been waiting for HD versions, whic are now available), then Genesis Legacy, THEN , maybe Clint Mash 2....
By then, Xmen DOFP will be out and I'll revisit my X edits and tackle an update...
(while doing my 10 movie Fringe series)....phew
w

Don't forget Tightrope, an underrated film with Clint in a kinky turn.

Tightrope-1984-Genevi%C3%A8ve-Bujold-Clint-Eastwood-pic-8.jpg

I can't forget that... First time was a dodgy geezer so to speak...maybe that lands him in Alcatraz?

With my Matrix done, this will be quicker.....about 2 weeks. Fine tuneassembly is done. Have made a new open credit sequence (so it is different than the preview included on my Matrix EDIT,....first 15 min also done.
Trailer this weekend.
W

hopefully not the latter

DONE 1hr 58 min
This will be a DVD and MP4 only
Bare bones.
Proofing left....Trailer coming, yours by next weekend....

too true....Matrix got watched so much, I know how many step each character takes...
Its getting 3 proof viewings by friends tomorrow...
An I will be giving it the same pass over as my Matrix edit....however....The source movies have virtually no music score, mainly locked off camera direction from Mr Eastwood, and are very linear.....so not so arduous...
There will be tweaks....for sure...but its coming....
Thx for the reminder
W

Wraith said:
Its getting 3 proof viewings by friends tomorrow...

Friends often overlook/don't comment on some technical issues that a faneditor would catch. It would be good to solicit reviews from the forum here.

ThrowgnCpr said:
Friends often overlooks/don't comment on some technical issues that a faneditor would catch. It would be good to solicit reviews from the forum here.

This. Gotta concur with ThrowgnCpr. You seem like you're in a rush!

Not at all....just the wife's outta town for a week...so I've had loads and loads of time....The Matrix I was on for 2 years...and I only went public when it was near final....Don't worry, there won't be a debacle.....This is much more straight forward...
Now one decision I'd appreciate input on was on the flashbacks...I de-saturated the first 3 flashbacks by 10% and then stopped since it is obvious when we are in 1983 vs. 2008...I have also decided early on to maintain the aspect ratios...namely Gran Torino is 1-2.35 and Heartbreak Ridge is 16:9. I liked the fuller screen for the past....Other films have variable aspect ratios...Brainstorm, Grand Budapest Hotel, Many IMAX presentations (Dark KNight, Star Trek)....
Any views???
I had tried to the flashbacks in B&W but it felt overly contrived...Sepia is , well, old fashioned....I tried softer focus...but ultimately this was the choice...

Wraith said:
...I have also decided early on to maintain the aspect ratios...namely Gran Torino is 1-2.35 and Heartbreak Ridge is 16:9. I liked the fuller screen for the past....Other films have variable aspect ratios...Brainstorm, Grand Budapest Hotel, Many IMAX presentations (Dark KNight, Star Trek)....
Any views???

This makes me uncomfortable. If I watch a fan edit that alternates different aspect ratios throughout, to me it feels choppy, too much like an unprofessional youtube mash-up video and not a single cohesive narrative. If you are combining this many different movies together, to me it is essential to make every single effort for it feel like ONE MOVIE and not parts of MANY. And one of the easiest ways to do this is to ensure it is all the same aspect ratio.

Wraith said:
I have also decided early on to maintain the aspect ratios...namely Gran Torino is 1-2.35 and Heartbreak Ridge is 16:9. I liked the fuller screen for the past....Other films have variable aspect ratios...Brainstorm, Grand Budapest Hotel, Many IMAX presentations (Dark KNight, Star Trek)....
Any views???

Personally, I think that is a really bad idea, and I would probably turn the edit off if it switched around a lot. I think the IMAX presentations are annoying, and have encouraged editors tackling those films to reframe to a consistent aspect ratio (*cough* [MENTION=4627]reave[/MENTION] *cough*transformers*cough). I don't recall Grand Budapest Hotel having mixed ratios, except where they used it as a special effect transition.

You want this to feel like a film, not a bunch of other films hacked together. This is of course my personal preference, but I think you'll probably receive some negative reviews if you keep the original scopes. It is very time consuming to reframe, but I think the effort is well worth it.

Maybe you could post a couple sample clips of your flashbacks and scenes featuring changing aspect ratios, to give us a better idea of how they look and feel?

Back
Top Bottom