• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Fall of the Jedi (Episode 2)

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
emanswfan said:
I find it utter stupidity on the jedi's part for not catching the chancellor by that point, given all the obvious signs shown to them right in their faces.

I haven't seen Q2's edit yet, so I can't comment on that, but referring to the original films, I agree that the Jedi are stupid for not sensing the dark side of the Force all over Palpatine. He's an obvious villain to people without that power; for people who can sense that kind of thing to not immediately recognize that he's the Sith Lord - when their whole lives have been spent in training for that very thing - it's beyond ridiculous.

When Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan first meet Palpatine on the landing platform halfway through TPM, they should have instantly captured him or cut him in half, and that would have been the end of it.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
MF pulled the plug on me today. So no DLC version guys, sorry. If you want to obtains these you'll have to do it through usenet.

releasedtruth

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I took the plunge and suffered through Attack of the Clones to refresh myself on the Lucas cut. After a few days of cleansing my palate with other sci-fi films, I dove into the Q2 edit. As a note, your Ep 1 cut is my favorite thus far and Ep 2 lives up to the high bar set by the first. I was skeptical that some of the major cuts would derail the pacing, if nothing else, but I hardly even missed foolish droid factory battles and full-length chase scene with a whiny Anakin. This cut maintains some of the mystery I think we all hoped would be in the original and for that, I'm thankful.

The only point that disturbs, but is likely without a possible resolution, is that due to the cuts, it feels like half the movie is "ship entering system, enters planet atmosphere". I understand it's more prevalent due to the reduced length of each scene. I'd have rated the original a 2/10 and would be comfortable bumping it up to a 5/10 under Q2's guidance, a remarkable improvement. Looking forward to #3!

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A DLC for the DVD5 version is now up on .info.

Dethryl

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Watched it just now. Credits are still rolling.
A vast improvement over the theatrical cut. Anakin was actually somewhat likable. Obi-Wan wasn't a prick to him. The romance angle was much more plausible. Still a few bits of silliness here and there, but that's a given. I liked the way you handled the toxic dart investigation. It flowed really well. I don't like Anakin going on a killing spree, mostly because of the awful scene in the shed, but this edit did good at making you think Padme is going to stick by Anakin even in his dark places. The kiss at the arena was superb.

Q2

Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dethryl said:
The kiss at the arena was superb.

:)

This was a last minute change a few hours before I started building the discs. Even at that point I wasn't thrilled with how it was playing, so I started messing around with it a bit and after about 20 min. got to what you are referring. I'm very pleased with how it turned out, and I was hoping someone would comment on it. Good or bad, I didn't care, but I wanted to know if it worked. Guess it did.

I'm happy you are enjoying the edits. If you get a chance please go rate them on their individual pages. The links are in my signature.

wabid

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I don't remember exactly what was different with the kiss, but I do remember liking it a lot. It really felt like the moment where they fell in love.

Dethryl

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There were no words, just looks and silent emotion. It felt so natural where the theatrical cut felt so staged and phony. Bravo, Q2.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am having issues unzipping the NTSC dvd5 version of fall of the jedi 2: attack of the clones.

I downloaded it twice and get the same error message:

..."part4.rar: unexpected end of archive"

has anyone else had any issues downloading this one?

i downloaded fall of the jedi I and III without any issues extracting the rar files using newsdemon and sabnzbd

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i didnt get as far as opening the file in winrar before i got the error message. i extracted episode one and three similarly, then used imgburn to create an image and burned them onto dvd no problem. I dont think i utilized the par2 files for either of those, although i just pulled the entire video_ts file into imgburn.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Try the PAR2 files on them and see what happens.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
when i extracted in quickpar, it says that:

"part04.rar...incomplete (399/401 blocks avail...)"

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There should be a button that says Repair.

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Here's what you do.

There should be a button "Automatically repair" or some such. Click it. Try the PAR2 again and see if it repairs it automatically.

If that doesn't work, try this.

Reaction score
Trophy Points
wow, that was rough. i think i finally figured out how to repair it. it seems to be extracting just fine now. thanks neglify!:D

Top Bottom