• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

F*cking bootleggers

SEANWOOKIE?

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There name is Ocsurfer do you thing the Oc could have anything to do with OCP?

NexPhr3ak0r

Reaction score
Trophy Points
SEANWOOKIE? said:
There name is Ocsurfer do you thing the Oc could have anything to do with OCP?

i'm not jumping to any conclusions I am researching this persons name now and trying to track them down.

NexPhr3ak0r

Reaction score
Trophy Points
precisely this person has made over $100 bucks off dj's edits. This sh*t will stop. As soon as i figure out who they are I am reporting them.

ThrowAwayVCD

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Quite active with the name changing arent they?:

Code:
User ID 		 Effective Date 	End Date
	ocsurfer23 		Mar-06-07 		Present
	kipper8807 		Jan-24-07 		Mar-06-07
	afreak8 		   Dec-01-06 		Jan-24-07
	krbp07 		    Jul-28-06 		Dec-01-06
	bpkr07 		    Jun-15-06 		Jul-28-06
	ibrinee 		   Nov-25-02 		Jun-15-06

beckmen

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Terrible. Somebody should actually police Ebay and shut down morons like this.

ReverendBeastly

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It's not Garrett (OCP).

Just report the auction, it's all you can really do, aside from harass the guy (which I whole-heartedly endorse).

NexPhr3ak0r

Reaction score
Trophy Points
well i've already reported them. But i want to find out who it is because they are one of three things. They are either a member of fe, OT or myspleen either way they are breaking rules.

*plus i will start contacting the people that have bought this edit and tell them they just spent $40 on a bootleg they could have got for free.

ReverendBeastly

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There are people who hang around the forums (that don't necessarily even have accounts) who keep tabs on this stuff. Or at least they keep tabs on MySpleen. eBay auctions of stuff from MySpleen have popped up since I first registered on OT.com back sometime in 2004.

There's really no stopping it altogether, all we can do is report the auctions and hope they get shut down. And, with any luck, get in contact with bidders before they plonk down money they shouldn't spend.

Cassidy

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's nothing that can be done about staving off this sort of thing, unfortunately.

I think reporting the seller to eBay and offering the potential buyer a link to this place or OT is the best course of action.

NexPhr3ak0r

Reaction score
Trophy Points
well i reported the seller, contacted the buyers and am still trying to find out who this person is. If anyone else stumbles across any edits on ebay post them here. If people get their auctions pulled enough they will stop eventually.

Cassidy

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
NexPhr3ak0r said:
well i reported the seller, contacted the buyers and am still trying to find out who this person is. If anyone else stumbles across any edits on ebay post them here. If people get their auctions pulled enough they will stop eventually.

Maybe we should have a reporting section...

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not sure...witch hunts are no fun at all... but I see the necessity.
Who wants such a section?

NexPhr3ak0r

Reaction score
Trophy Points
i don't see a need for a whole section. This one thread is more than enough. If this thread gets huge then i say make it a section but for now just leave it as the thread.

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree with Nex. This should suffice for the time being. I think what should be done is put something on the video itself, much like on some of the back cover art I've seen, where it states that "this copy should not be bought or sold, it is available for free, etc etc"... maybe put it at the opening of the video, much like an FBI warning and whatnot - of course, this wouldn't be enforced or anything, just those willing to do such a thing. I don't think these bootleggers would take the time to physically go in and edit this out. Some might, but I'm sure the majority of people that do it just download it, slap it together, throw in words like "RARE!" and "NEVER BEEN RELEASED ON DVD!" and sell it for $40.

Cassidy

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
twistd101 said:
I agree with Nex. This should suffice for the time being. I think what should be done is put something on the video itself, much like on some of the back cover art I've seen, where it states that "this copy should not be bought or sold, it is available for free, etc etc"... maybe put it at the opening of the video, much like an FBI warning and whatnot. I don't think these bootleggers would take the time to physically go in and edit this out. Some might, but I'm sure the majority of people that do it just download it, slap it together, throw in words like "RARE!" and "NEVER BEEN RELEASED ON DVD!" and sell it for $40.

Which, of course, is up to the individual fan editor or preservationist to do.

I was just spitballing - I'm sure there is no reason to have a separate section because hopefully it won't happen that much.

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You must have quoted and replied at the same time as I edited my post to say about the same thing. :p

Cassidy

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
twistd101 said:
You must have quoted and replied at the same time as I edited my post to say about the same thing. :p

Jinx - you owe me a beer. :D

brias411

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Something like this perhaps

warning%20copy.jpg
[/img]

Chris

Top Bottom