• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

F*cking bootleggers

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I finally received a new password...

Aztek463

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It sounds like this iOffer needs to be permanently removed...however, reporting them to the proper authorities may bring the hammer down on us as well.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this has nothing to do with our situation at all.
We are not selling fanedits. Nor offering them for sale. Nor suggesting to people to think about selling them.
It's a way different league.
So: there is no reason to be more afraid than ever.
And it is a very good thing to report ioffer.

reave

Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Applying to ioffer to offer my support. I see shit on there that I want all the time, but I'm not paying $30-40 bucks for a bootleg DVD-R.

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I went to report it as well but saw that the auction had ended. The following message was posted as to why.

The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am on eBay right now.
Cannot locate a "report piracy" or "counterfeit" portal.

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
I am on eBay right now.
Cannot locate a "report piracy" or "counterfeit" portal.

Thanks Vultural. If you click on an item, you should see a link for "Report Item" on the right of the screen where the Description and Shipping and Payments tabs are (right below the product images at the top).

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Sorry for the necro bump, but it's come to my attention former FE and OT member Forceghostrecon is charging people for physical blu-ray copies of his fanedits, which would include a slightly altered version of our own Digimodification's "Heir to the Force"

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It seems to be a matter of giving away blurays in exchange for 20 dollar donations. I'm unsure if that's intentionally meant as a cover up for selling edits, but it certainly seems like it.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
"Giving away" copies in exchange for donations is selling the edit, full stop.

CatBus

Reaction score
Trophy Points
jrWHAG42 said:
It seems to be a matter of giving away blurays in exchange for 20 dollar donations. I'm unsure if that's intentionally meant as a cover up for selling edits, but it certainly seems like it.

I've seen some monks that operate that way in metropolitan public parks and such (well, not lately...).  By religious rules, they cannot sell things, so they offer free gifts.  But after I accepted a free gift once (they're very persistent), I learned pretty quickly due to the monk's change in tone that a donation was expected in return.  Awkward.

Pretty unconvincing legalism, IMO, but apparently it serves to assuage guilt pretty well.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
A monk once gave me a stack of books and asked for a donation.  I couldn't reach my wallet since I had a stack of books in them, so I gave them back to him to hold and gave him a donation.  He then put the stack of books away and handed me a thin pamphlet.  I was very annoyed.

Zamros

Reaction score
Trophy Points
This reminds me of when I met a missionary from the US, he was talking about how the day before he gave a homeless man some money and then forced him to give that money to a christian charity organization. The missionary didn't understand why I was so disgusted with him.

Needless to say, if a donation comes with conditions, it isn't a donation, it's a transaction.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zamros said:
This reminds me of when I met a missionary from the US, he was talking about how the day before he gave a homeless man some money and then forced him to give that money to a christian charity organization. The missionary didn't understand why I was so disgusted with him.

Wtf that’s so dumb

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SDN Editions, which hosts a couple of fanedits that have active in-the-works threads here, also has a patreon

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
But the edits aren't hidden behind a pay wall in the case of SDN editions. There just happens to be donations to help his site. Is that also frowned upon?

Top Bottom