• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Extract Audio From mp4 While Retaining Chapter Breaks

Adabisi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've used DVD Audio Extractor to extract the audio from a DVD disc. It creates a separate audio file for each chapter.

Is there a way to do this with an mp4 file? Every program I've found will extract the audio from an mp4, but as one big file, not split by chapters.

Adabisi said:
I've used DVD Audio Extractor to extract the audio from a DVD disc. It creates a separate audio file for each chapter.

Is there a way to do this with an mp4 file? Every program I've found will extract the audio from an mp4, but as one big file, not split by chapters.

I know a way to extract audio from MP4.

It also supports extracting audio from AVI, MOV, WMV, MKV, FLV, etc.

[MENTION=4689]ThrowgnCpr[/MENTION] why was the response by [MENTION=32603]cahoriard[/MENTION] to this thread deleted?

Adabisi said:

There is a workaround
Get Xmedia Recode, (you can get the portable version from videohelp.com: http://www.videohelp.com/software/XMedia-Recode/old-versions#download)(I suggest you use version 3.0.0.0) extract the zip anywhere and start the program.
open your .mp4 file
1- The program has a tabbed interface, the first tab is format, select custom from the list of profiles.
select type of audio you have (AAc, AC3, MP3,...etc) from the list of formats, this will also automatically add the file extension for the output.
2- Go to the Audio tab -> select copy from the Modus drop-down menu
3- Go to the Filters/Preview tab, at the bottom you will find 2 ways to limit the range of operations, by chapters or by time. select fro chapter 1 to chapter 1 , this means all processing will be limited to chapter 1.
Also select where to save (source path, save to folder, save as)
4- Go to Jobs tab, it will be empty, click the button Add Job, and the job will be added to the cue.
5- Repeat the operation selecting a different chapter each time, and add it as a job (you do not have to re-open your original mp4 file, The program accepts multiple jobs from one file added to the cue)
When you have added all the jobs, Click the button Encode.
your audio will be extracted to multiple files by chapter:)

hasmak said:
There is a workaround
Get Xmedia Recode, (you can get the portable version from videohelp.com: http://www.videohelp.com/software/XMedia-Recode/old-versions#download)(I suggest you use version 3.0.0.0) extract the zip anywhere and start the program.
open your .mp4 file
1- The program has a tabbed interface, the first tab is format, select custom from the list of profiles.
select type of audio you have (AAc, AC3, MP3,...etc) from the list of formats, this will also automatically add the file extension for the output.
2- Go to the Audio tab -> select copy from the Modus drop-down menu
3- Go to the Filters/Preview tab, at the bottom you will find 2 ways to limit the range of operations, by chapters or by time. select fro chapter 1 to chapter 1 , this means all processing will be limited to chapter 1.
Also select where to save (source path, save to folder, save as)
4- Go to Jobs tab, it will be empty, click the button Add Job, and the job will be added to the cue.
5- Repeat the operation selecting a different chapter each time, and add it as a job (you do not have to re-open your original mp4 file, The program accepts multiple jobs from one file added to the cue)
When you have added all the jobs, Click the button Encode.
your audio will be extracted to multiple files by chapter:)

Thanks a million for this! Worked perfectly.

Adabisi said:
Thanks a million for this! Worked perfectly.

You're welcome
XmediaRecode is not well known around here, but it's a gem of a program (The Arkenstone :lol:) if you'd like, not only is it a very good encoder with lots of presets and highly configurable parameters, it can do much more than just encoding, explore it a bit more.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom