• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Exporting AVIs with Womble

DaVaRo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey,
I've been working on my first fanedit, and had just finished it with womble mpeg video wizrd DVD. I need to export it as an AVI so I can add subtitles to it with AuotGK. The problem is, the highest quality the program will let me encode is either "Uncompressed wave audio" or mp3, but not ac3; I'm not even sure how many channels of audio it will allow. :? Has anyone accomplished encoding ac3 5.1, or at least stereo with one of the two formats I mentioned? Of so, any words of advice would be great, as I've been trying to upload it for the past day now. :x

messenjah14

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You should just do the following: Export it as a dvd. There's the DVD button next to the timelines, press it. Then rip the movie with GK to your computer, and you have a .avi with the settings you want.

AvP

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
avi`s not shur it can far has i know it only does mpeg2

DaVaRo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
:???: That's a good point. :smile: Thanks for the advice; I was so focused on making a real live file that I didn't think of making a DVD just to extract the file; I'll try that now for sure. :lol:

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And you don't even have to "waste" a disc if you use a virtual drive (Google: Daemon Tools). :)

DaVaRo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
twistd101 said:
And you don't even have to "waste" a disc if you use a virtual drive (Google: Daemon Tools). :)

True, but I wanna watch my fanedit on a tv to make sure it's workin' fine before I upload it. :smile:

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Indeed, I just meant for the purpose of DVD-to-XviD. But yes, by all means, test it first. :)

DaVaRo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
...I can't believe this. :shock: After running the whole thing, I realized womble burns dvds at 29.97 fps, making my poor 23.97 fps video high pitched and too fast. :( I'm going to just give in and make an mpeg, embed the subs with nero, and upload it to divx. :x

messenjah14

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DaVaRo said:
...I can't believe this. :shock: After running the whole thing, I realized womble burns dvds at 29.97 fps, making my poor 23.97 fps video high pitched and too fast. :( I'm going to just give in and make an mpeg, embed the subs with nero, and upload it to divx. :x
You can change the fps, after clicking the dvd button, click the encoder-button and the settings will be unveiled to you.

DaVaRo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It says I can change the fps for sure, but the only choices are 29.97 (NTSC) and 25 (PAL). :? Why Womble's NTSC is television pace, I'll never know.

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you could always use DGpulldown to sort the frame rate out.

DaVaRo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Oh, you mean it just converts the framerate? If so, I'll definitely DL it. :)

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
yep thats what it does, it doesn't handle audio streams though so you'll need to demux before you run DGPulldown.

DaVaRo

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm going to try these steps, in the following order:
1. Burn to DVD, then rip, then burn in subs.
2. Make into an mpeg then burn in subs.
3. Make into an Avi, then burn in subs.

If worst comes to worst...I'm screwed. :???:

Top Bottom