• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Export Errors - Premiere/Media Encoder

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So after I finished my fan film (has a lot of After Effects compositions) and exported it I saw some mistakes I wanted to fix so I went back, fixed those issues and tried exporting all over again. For some reason this time I’m running into several errors.

Before exporting, the project can’t read some of the source files and are turned offline. I have to copy+paste the source files and link the offline files in premiere with their copies. I do that, I try to export. Media Encoder says the Saber plugin (After Effects) gave a severe error, and the export just stopped. It looks like its continuing but it’s stuck in the same frame.

I cancel that and try again. This time the export doesn’t even start, only a moving bar. I cancelled that too and tried again. In all my attempts I press start, it turns to the pause button but nothing happens, the queue still says it’s “ready” and nothing happens below.

Finally I tried exporting from Premiere directly. This time when it was done it gave “error when compiling.” I gave up for now.

I came to the conclusion that the computer was overworked (I’ve been exporting, reworking, and trying to export for 2-3 days :/ it’s a gaming laptop with a cooler in it but I dunno)

The errors have no consistency so I have no idea what’s going on. The first export before I fixed the problems worked, so I don’t know. What should I do?

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Check and make sure you have a ton of free hard drive space and if you check and it looks fine and nothing helps, try rendering it in smaller pieces.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Doubtless you have already tried rebooting.  Does Premiere generate temporary/working files that might have become corrupted, and which you can delete (and regenerate) without incident?  That sometimes helps.

Can you render only the shots that you have fixed?  You might be able to splice them into the master that you have already exported, which presumably is a lossless file of some kind.

Masirimso17

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Captain Khajiit said:
Doubtless you have already tried rebooting.  Does Premiere generate temporary/working files that might have become corrupted, and which you can delete (and regenerate) without incident?  That sometimes helps.

Can you render only the shots that you have fixed?  You might be able to splice them into the master that you have already exported, which presumably is a lossless file of some kind.

Well I tried deleting all the cache and regenerating but nothing changed unfortunately.

But yes I am trying to do as you suggested and splicing the fixed shots over the previous export. It’s not lossless unfortunately (Bitrate is 10 Megabytes per second and the file is 3.5 GB) but it seems I have no other choice after endless attempts of exporting the full timeline. Unless the compression completely destroys the image I think it’ll be fine. It’s an amateur fan film anyway not a Hollywood production (or a fanedit of one, ha.) 10 MB is high bitrate though so hopefully it’ll be good. Would doubling the bitrate decrease the compression somewhat?

Side note, I can only hope YouTube compression won’t further ruin the image. Does the amount of compression there change from size to size? I’m assuming that while a 25 GB film would be compressed down to 1-2 GB or whatever, but an already 3 GB film won’t be completely crushed.

I was so excited to release the film but I’ve been dealing with shit like this for 3 days straight. Uuffff

EDIT: That worked. Jeez, finally. Thanks for the help guys ;)

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Masirimso17 said:
Would doubling the bitrate decrease the compression somewhat?
Yes, it would have done.  Presumably you tried rendering to a different/lossless codec.  All I can tell you about YT recompression is that it's inevitable and heavy (but I don't imagine that it uses anything other than fixed settings for a given resolution).  But I'm glad that you managed to produce a file that you are happy with.

Top Bottom