• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

EVENT HORIZON: SLASHED aka KILLER HORIZON

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 8 stars

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 7 stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 stars (average)

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
have not dl'ed your edit yet, but I was glad to see that when watching sunshine I was not the only one who thought that they kind of made an event horizon remake

elbarto1

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
IMO sunshine was great untill act 3 where it became an event horizon ripoff. but thats funny since event is a ripoff of all the other classic space horror films.

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
tranzor said:
I was glad to see that when watching sunshine I was not the only one who thought that they kind of made an event horizon remake

Yes, Tranzor I felt like that too. Still, Sunshine is the much better film and I wish I could have used that crew as the victims of Dr. Weir and the Evil but that was impossible. Anyway glad your The Inheritors is up on FE.org and that is the first in my "must see" que. Bestest Mollo

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
hope you enjoy the inheritors. Sunshine was really good until the event horizon rip. I want to say more but do not want to spoil anything for those who never saw sunshine

so:

[spoiler:330oocx1]Sunshine took a serious dive during the last plot twist so to speak when they ripped EH. I am sure if they thought harder they could have come up with a much better disaster before the goal scenario instead. Still overall a good film[/spoiler:330oocx1]

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just watched this film. I really liked it. I did think it was over a bit too quickly, but hey rather that than a drawn out film. I like all the added stuff. Mollo did you add the lion roar from Exorcist III into the film or was I just hearing things?

Last word on the film, the ending. Wow!!! I thought the end of Event Horizon was OK but Killer Horizon's ending was epic. So good infact I went back & watched the ending a second time just to take it all in properly. That should of been the ending in the original.

Excellent work Mollo.

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, FatherMerrin your ears are right, I used some audio from Exorcist III. The roar for one and some creepy sounds when Captain Miller starts to hear things in the corridor. If you listen to the end credit music you will hear more snippets from Exorcist III.

So happy you liked it, as you were one person I knew would be on top of all the Exorcist stuff I incorporated.

Cheers

twistd101

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, I watched this the other night and hadn't had a chance to write a review yet. I enjoyed the original when it came out some years ago, and it'd been a while since I sat down to watch it again. So I watched this a few nights ago, and I can't say I was disappointed. I loved the interspliced scenes, flashes of craziness, etc. Well done. I didn't notice any technical flaws that stood out, video or audio -wise. Everything seemed to flow, and I enjoyed it. I did notice that the damned water bottle when they first board the ship is still there, swooshing away, while everything else is frozen in deep space. But hey, that is a flaw that I noticed opening night WAYYY back when - but I did notice that the "everything is frozen" line isn't in there (or I didn't catch it this time through), but now I'm just rambling. To the point. I don't rate anything as perfect - nothing's perfect - but I'll rate it as high as I can on a .5 increment scale, and that's 4.5/5.0 ...awesome job Mollo!

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Cheers twistd101, I remember one of your posts that talked of the water bottle. I had that in mind while editing, so I removed lines, which referred to everything being frozen on the Event Horizon. There is a line that says "deep cold" so I assumed in Killer Horizon, the bottle contains an anti-freezing agent, which looks like water. Thank you very much for the review and your early posts, which influenced the editing of Killer Horizon.

Update:

I would like to Thank Monroville for his insightful review posted on the FE.og site 27th October 2008 and comment on some of its points.

First, I have a standard Television 4.3. and tested and previewed Killer Horizon over and over again to get it to the highest standard I could. Once released I showed the ending to a friend that owned a modern flat-screen TV and was shocked to see quite clearly, the black box I matted over the larger meteor in the shot of Earth from "Deep Impact". It reminded me of the moon shots in the first Evil Dead.

As for the confusion with shot of neptune, that maybe is an issue with the high quality of your Television because I tried to show the Event Horizon disappearing into darkness, matting out the planet and then appearing before Earth.

My first Special Effect shot was done for Romero's Land Of The Dead: Unrated FanCut, where I used an explosion from Dawn of the Dead (Remake) added an over-pass to hide the vehicles etc. I have learned a lot since then but my SFX skills are very basic, in fact virtually nonexistent because I only use fades, devolves and some mattes.

Thank you again for the great review and very perceptive observations.

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have a Double Layer NTSC Version of Event Horizon: Slashed aka Killer Horizon, which I am going to upload before the weekend. It has all the extra features, deleted scenes, audio short, slideshow, info and trailers etc and the feature is a higher bit-rate. Only a couple of people have asked for a DL but as I already have it made, I thought I would upload it.

Amok

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just finished watching this. One of the more ambitious edits out there, this one is pretty damn near perfect. Event Horizon is a scary film with amazing set designes, unfortunately weighed down a bit by tacky dialogue and studio censoring.

You've gotten rid of a lot of the bad dialogue, and although most of the characters will never come across as realistic, it's definitely an improvement.

A few gripes I had with this: Some of the intercuts seem unnecessary and took me out of the movie. Most notably the one when Weir goes to check on the failsafe in the green corridor. I think him having visions of his dead wife should be enough.
Also I would have really loved to see some of the deleted scenes from the special edition dvd reinserted. I know the quality is not very good, but with the proper sound editing and maybe a filter on it, it would be hardly noticable.

The new ending is great although a bit too sudden. We don't see what happens to Stark (maybe you could make a death scene for her with the cut scene with all the red liquid).

I think if you give the ending just a tiny bit more work, you've got a real masterpiece here.

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Amok said:
Some of the intercuts seem unnecessary and took me out of the movie. Most notably the one when Weir goes to check on the failsafe in the green corridor. I think him having visions of his dead wife should be enough.
This was done to make a link with Dr. Weir's very first Nightmare.

Amok said:
Also I would have really loved to see some of the deleted scenes from the special edition dvd reinserted. I know the quality is not very good, but with the proper sound editing and maybe a filter on it, it would be hardly noticable.
Deleted scenes from Event Horizon were used and inserted into Killer Horizon. The scene where Captain Miller sees the dead body hung from the ceiling and is nearly sick. Those were deleted shots and in poor condition and had no sound. They were corrected as best they could be and all the ambience such as breathing and retching is entirely new.

Amok said:
The new ending is great although a bit too sudden. We don't see what happens to Stark (maybe you could make a death scene for her with the cut scene with all the red liquid).
Stark is on the floor as Captain Miller enters the bridge. He calls her name and rests his hand on her head when suddenly he sees images of her horrible fate. I think enough death has already been seen to understand that Stark is no more.

Thank you so much for watching and taking the time to write.

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
My short review:

I enjoyed this edit.

What, four words not enough? Jeez.

Okay, I love the ending. A great, simple idea.

My only negatives would be minor ones, such as the repeated/reversed shot of the Event Horizon going through the portal, and the shot of the Event Horizon seeminglyly travelling backwards during its trip to Earth. (And it also has the Lewis and Clark docked on it long after the L&C has exploded.)

Oh, and having his name spelt incorrectly in the opening credits makes Sam Neill sad. ;)

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny Antman said:
(And it also has the Lewis and Clark docked on it long after the L&C has exploded.)

It is a re-use of a shot but maybe it was your imagination playing tricks on you because the Lewis and Clark is masked out.

Oh an I have one spelling error per FanEdit, have you not noticed? .... tradition now!

Thanks for the eloquent comment/comments! ;)

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mollo said:
It is a re-use of a shot but maybe it was your imagination playing tricks on you because the Lewis and Clark is masked out.
I'm not sure what shot that is, but the one I meant is the one beginning at 1:12:20 (the aforementioned "flying backwards" shot.) Not that it matters, but just don't want you thinking I'm crazy. :eek:

Oh an I have one spelling error per FanEdit, have you not noticed? .... tradition now!
It's the thing I'm always most paranoid about with my own. The slight punctuation errors I have made so far (two that I know of for sure) haunt me still. :)

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Uncanny, all the spelling is perfect in my FanEdits but for the mistakes! :wat:

Uncanny Antman

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay fess up Mollo, I know it was you...how exactly did this edit get an overall rating of 5.5 out of 5?

Somethin' fishy going on here. :shock:

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Newtonian Physics don't work quite right anywhere near the... KILLER HORIZON!!!!

Mollo

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It is the simple use of Bayesian analysis, Uncanny and so far it is working a treat! :)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
issue corrected. The rating system somehow only added the score to the overall rating but not the number of votes given.

Top Bottom