• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Escape from Colorado: A Snake Plissken Prequel

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FGKzyro.png

1997. The future.

Snake Plissken is pulling off one of the most daring heists of the late 20th Century at the Colorado Fedaral Reserve, but with the United States Police Force is hot on his heels, will he ESCAPE FROM COLORADO?

This edit takes the deleted prologue from Escape from New York and presents it as its own short prequel film preceeding the events that led him to being arrested. I was going to attach this to the start of the film as it was intended, but it rightfully was cut out. I didn't want it to go to waste, so I've made it into it's own thing.

I've added opening and closing credits with score borrowed from both the Escape from NY and LA films. I've also done a lot of work trying to get the poor VHS footage to look a little nicer.

TII1Wj3.png

qy8LXp5.png

Here's the short prequel itself

RAfIsd5.png

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well done it looks great đź‘Ť
How did you ”Clean” up those scenes because they don’t look that great on my Blu-ray?

I have plans to use the robbery scenes and put them into a Edit of Escape from LA!
But the picture quality is not very useful and didn’t expect that they could look this good!

Great job Bobson!

Bobson Dugnutt

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well done it looks great đź‘Ť
How did you ”Clean” up those scenes because they don’t look that great on my Blu-ray?

I have plans to use the robbery scenes and put them into a Edit of Escape from LA!
But the picture quality is not very useful and didn’t expect that they could look this good!

Great job Bobson!

I ran the Blu-Ray ripped clip through Topaz Video Enhance AI to clean up all the video compression and creating more detai where there wasn't much before. After that, I put it into Premiere and stretched it back to 2.35:1, which nessesitated cropping some footage off the top. Lastly, I did some colour correction and brightened it up.

Its not perfect but it's much better.

For some reason, Shout Factory clearly had a new scan of the deleted prologue done (with outtakes) and included some clips in a featurette with the Bill Taylor actor, yet didn't include it on its own.

I can provide the raw upscaled files if you'd like for your Escape from LA edit

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been toying around with Topaz recently with mixed success. I was attempting to upscale the Constantine deleted scenes but it produced rather unsettling results as the AI added odd detail to the faces. What algorithm/settings did you apply to your footage?

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I ran the Blu-Ray ripped clip through Topaz Video Enhance AI to clean up all the video compression and creating more detai where there wasn't much before. After that, I put it into Premiere and stretched it back to 2.35:1, which nessesitated cropping some footage off the top. Lastly, I did some colour correction and brightened it up.

For some reason, Shout Factory clearly had a new scan of the deleted prologue done (with outtakes) and included some clips in a featurette with the Bill Taylor actor, yet didn't include it on its own.

It’s not perfect but it’s way way better!
Yes I would love to get your upscaled clips and use them in my LA Edit as I can’t work my own blurry clips! That would be utterly kind!

scrapesky

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Man, was kinda skeptical, but after the trailer I’m convinced I have to see this one day with your permission of course! Love anything by Carpenter especially a great fanedit that comes from it! Thanks for this!!!

Cero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I never realised I wanted this but now I do.

JustKeatz

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice idea and well done too, good choices with the music. I didn't know this footage existed!

Cero

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I knew about it, I just never thought anyone would do anything with it because of the poor condition it was in.

LeoLove

Reaction score
Trophy Points

That's great work you have done.
If possible so please give raw upscaled file so we can see that too!

Top Bottom