• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Error - Out of memory

Frantic Canadian

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is about DVD-Lab Pro.

Last night I spent three and a half hours working on my latest special edition and when I went to compile I got a pop-up saying I was out of memory. I have way more than enough space left on my hard drive so it can't be space that they're talking about and I wasn't running any other programs so why was it giving me this message? I tried compiling it again and it still gave me that message so I decided to just turn it off and go to bed. When I woke up today I tried once again to compile and it gave me the message once again, but this time I also got one saying that I was low on Virtual Memory. Now how is this possible when I'm not doing anything at all but trying to get this DVD to compile? When I shut off my computer for the night I always put in Hibernation mode so I decided to restart it and try again, hoping that that would fix the solution, but it still gives me that same damn message. Can anyone help?

Memory != hard disk space.

Try increasing the amount of virtual memory. on XP you can do this by going into Control Panel > System > Advanced tab. Click the first Settings button, go to the Advanced tab, under Virtual memory click Change, and select the Custom Size option, in the Maximum size add another 1000MB or so.

I have plenty of hard disk space left, just over 30 GB's. I tried what you suggested however I still got the same "out of memory" pop-up. Adding 1000 MB's didn't help so I tried adding an extra 3000 MB's and it said that I had to restart the computer for the change to take effect. I just restarted the computer and tried again but I still get the same message.

where does dvd lab pro save its temp files?

boon23 said:
where does dvd lab pro save its temp files?

I usually create a folder in My Documents with the project's name on it so that the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders will be saved in it and I also direct the temp files to that folder but I've never had any problems doing that way before.

I don't know if this is of any help but I use a program called CCleaner to get rid of temporary files. Seems to free up a lot of memory. But you may want to uncheck some of the browser settings (e.g. delete cookies) because those are set by default.

Back
Top Bottom