• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Emerald City: An Oz Fanedit

geminigod

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dwight Fry said:
It's not an easy watch, though, but if you're familiar with the source material you already know that...

Hahaha.

Yes, lots of butt hurt.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
Awesome job. This is the best tv-to-movie adaptation I have seen on this site thus far. What I especially like about it is that it actually is a movie with a clear beginning, middle, & end that can be watched in one sitting, as opposed to most adaptations that are more like a mini-series or condensed version of a season with no clear beginning and/or ending.

Thanks for watching and glad you enjoyed it!

Dwight Fry said:
I don't know why it took me so long to watch this edit. It's magnificent, and hope it enjoys a new life now that it's up for the FEOTY awards. It's not an easy watch, though, but if you're familiar with the source material you already know that...

Thanks Dwight!

Dwight and gem, did you watch all the way through the end credits? There's a little easter egg (if you can call it that) at the end.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
geminigod said:
This has probably already been posted somewhere in this thread, but couldn't resist after having watched this great edit of yours!

Haha. I'd never seen that before.

Have you seen this?:

*THERE ARE SPOILERS IN THE VID BELOW SO IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED OZ BEFORE AND/OR PLAN ON WATCHING MY EDIT I'D AVOID THIS VID*

[video=dailymotion;x18kvo]

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Gatos said:
Dwight and gem, did you watch all the way through the end credits? There's a little easter egg (if you can call it that) at the end.

Of course! Loved that. :)

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Holy necropost Batman! So I'm going to be making a version 2.0 of this edit pretty soon. One of the changes is to fix my Gatos logo (the one I originally used was horribly amateurish and sloppy.TMBTM was kind enough to make this HBO style logo for me (I provided the title card and he did the animation/video effects in After Effects). More info to follow.

Here's the logo:

moviefreakjps

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well done! Flawlessly executed fan edit. Beecher will always be dear to my heart, so this means so much to me that you made it, Gatos.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for watching, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
About 1/3 of the way thru version 2.0, and i mussay, I am digging it.

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
ssj said:
About 1/3 of the way thru version 2.0, and i mussay, I am digging it.

Let me know if you ever make it through the last 2/3rds!

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
rebue posted on Incarcerated Fanedit Detention Base:

In an ideal world, I would have enough time to run a smuggling empire from my prison cell, watch every TV show that interests me, and still get seven hours of sleep every night, but the crushing truth is that I don't have an evil henchman/vice president to assist in these endeavors. Oz is one of those shows that sounds damned good, but watching all of it is daunting as fuck. That's why Gatos's TV-to-movie edit feels as liberating as an early release from hard time. It condenses the story of Tobias Beecher into a tight arc, and evaluating the edit on its own terms, without comparing it to the first season from which it was assembled, I find the narrative coherent and gripping, hellish and darkly comic. The supporting characters—Schillinger, Augustus Hill, Ryan, Sister Reimondo—serve in this edit to flesh out Beecher's story as he grows survival balls.

Nowhere in this edit does Gatos stray from Beecher's tale. Solid construction, as if it were a stand-alone piece released by HBO itself. As a bonus, you also get the unique HBOish intro with the Gatos moniker, a stamp of quality and an indicator of the shady-good entertainment to come. Now excuse me as I return to scraping away the concrete behind my bed.

Enjoyjoy: 10 out of 10 ankle grabs.

Gatos said:
Let me know if you ever make it through the last 2/3rds!

served the full sentence, man. :)

Gatos

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the review ssj and I'm glad you enjoyed the edit!

ssj said:
As a bonus, you also get the unique HBOish intro with the Gatos moniker, a stamp of quality and an indicator of the shady-good entertainment to come.

Unfortunately most people who've watched this edit were treated to my horrid, amateurish attempt at the HBO logo. You got to see the better one that [MENTION=6566]TMBTM[/MENTION] made for me.

Did you happen to watch past the end credits?

ssj

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you for making this, man! Really enjoyed it. You're now my go-to guy for prison and gangsta stories. :-D

yup, saw the end. Biting conclusion.

Top Bottom