• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Elysium: PanzerKut

PanzerKut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Elysium is one of my favorite films but I wanted the movie addressing a much simpler point of view and a more brutal / raw story.
Indeed, several issues and secondary plots weaken the cyberpunk aspect, fighting for your life attitude.
In the original edit Max is transformed little by little in a blockbuster hero and saviour.
In this version Max only wants to survive and save his life. He was the direct cause of all events and try to fix them.

This is my first post and first fanedit work. Thanks for reading (and sorry because I'm not English fluent).

Note:
I don't see the Elysium: The Bone Saw Cut before, I'll with pleasure see it after submission.

s6XB6pV.jpg

Intention:
- Childhood friendship with Frey and flashbacks was removed.
- Remove of the romance with Frey, although we perceive the relationship
- Remove the population of the earth want desperatly medical treatment in Elysium
- The med box is not as powerful and magical, it is relegated as a technological artifact available only at Elysium
- Matilda is a victim of events, leukemia is no longer mentioned. The med box remains necessary to save because of the Raven crash.
- No passer role for Spider and its organization
- Remove the conspiracy plot from Delacourt and John Carlyle.
- Remove of sequences between Delacourt and president. The representative political system seems to be a problem in the context of Elysium.
- John Carlyle is chosen and it's hazard that Max take over the main computer control program.
- Also The president is completely outdated and behaves at the end as an operative (eventually it becomes in this edition).
- Kruger is no longer psychopath and acts as a professional and oportunist thinking about gainning control of Elysium.
- The status of John Carlyle is rectified.
- he is not explicitly in the same factory Max. Its status within Elysium is not compatible with an office in such a place.
- he's no more occupies with problems at the factory production unit.
- he is no longer in personal conflict with Max
- Finally Spider wants to gain control over Elysium just like Kruger ?
- A different ending Spider centric.

New runtime: 80 minutes (-29 minutes).

Cuts and changes:

- Fanedit.org intro
- Cut Max and Frey flashback romance
- Cut Max promises to take Frey to Elysium
- Cut Max in orphanage with a kindly nun
- Cut med-bays scene
- Cut Max laught about his worker situation
- Cut Max and Frey accidentally meet at the clinic
- Cut Carlyle in factory
- Cut illegal emigration operation
- Move shuttles land off to end scene
- Cut Elysium identification need
- Cut Delacourt at Elysium party
- Cut Delacourt overrides Executive Order 355
- Cut Kruger activation, use the dialog during attack sequence
- Cut shoulder-fired ground to air missile launcher and launch rockets
- Cut rockets chase down
- Cut other shuttle makes it to Elysium and lands
- Move rich folks in the area are all in a tizzy, as helicopters and robots give chase of the occupants of the shuttle to Raven crash.
- Cut mother and her daughter who were on the shuttle that landed rush into a house and find a Med-Bed
- Cut deportation back to earth
- Cut Matt's friend Julio tries to entice him to come back into the auto theft game
- Cut flashback during the robot extraction
- Cut Armadyne CEO John Carlyle goes down on the production floor to see what the emergency was
- Cut President Patel summons Delacourt
- Cut Kruger learns that he's not going to be utilized anymore
- Cut Frey has a young daughter, Matilda was ordered to leave her daughter home, as the doctors weren't able to give her treatments.
- Cut the deal, John Carlyle must be the high level target
- Cut Delacourt, vowing to protect Elysium and her own power, bargains with Carlyle
- Trim Carlyle works up a new computer protocol called "Sabre Cerebral Defense"
- Cut Delacourt waiting
- Cut Delacourt calls Kruger as soon as she's informed that Carlyle's shuttle
- Kruger first apparition with "Activate Kruger"
- Cut some Delacourt stress about conspiration
- Cut Delacourt speak Kruger about data
- Cut Frey and Matilda
- Max goes to see Frey, as a friend and nurse she can help him
- Cut and trim sequence at Frey home to remove Matilda shots
- Cut flashback
- Cut Frey tells Max that Matilda has leukemia
- Cut She asks Max to find a way to get Matilda to Elysium, so she can be cured.
- Cut Matilda tells Max a story
- Now Max leave because he's afraid for Frey and Matilda
- Trim Kruger Frey
- Trim and flip some Spider scenes
- Cut Kruger, Frey and Matilda inside Raven
- Cut Matilda and carries her into a mansion after crash
- Insert Elysium security forces arriving from the cut illegal emigration operation
- Cut Frey places Matilda in a healing bed and arrest
- Cut Delacourt, talk with President Battelle
- Trim lab scene
- Cut all Delacourt and Kruger bloody sequence
- Cut Kruger tosses Delacourt into the room with Frey and Matilda
- Cut atilda starts treating Delacourt's wound
- Cut Delacourt's death
- Now Max want Matilda go to a Med Bay to survive Raven crash
- Cut Frey shot during armory gunfight
- Cut Spider humour quote during Kruger hand to hand combat
- Cut flashback
- Cut promise dialog
- Cut Matilda leukemia detection
- Cut numerous Aid shuttles are sent to earth to help the new citizens
- Create a new end with music continuity and shuttles land of from the cut illegal emigration operation.
- Added Panzerkut and Fanedit.org credits

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Where is this?
All my script protection is blocking access to the trailer.

PanzerKut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi,
you can access directly on vimeo.
To watch, enter the password: fanedit.org

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank you. I finally downloaded it to view.
Extended trailer looks good.
I think many members will want to see this.
Elysium had many problems and edits could go different directions.
I never cared for the ending, feel-good nonsense.

PanzerKut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thank for the feedback.
You're right, Elysium is too much in some ways and ending is like apogee of this.
Try to give a new feeling, more close to Max and consequences of his acts and choices.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This edit is approved! :)

14514010924_d2f40d31b9_o.jpg

Personally I loved 'Elysium' (and Chappie!) but there are lots of people it didn't quite work for. PanzerKut trims a whopping 30 minutes out, to create a Max-focused, super quick-paced, action cut. Delacourt, Frey and Julio's roles are reduced so we stay focused on Max's final days/hours at all times. If you loved 'Elysium', this an enjoyable hyper trip through the material and for those that aren't fans, it now zips along like a good action movie.

Recommended.

PanzerKut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Elysium PK is feature on http://www.featurethispodcast.com/#/elysium-panzerkut/
You can download great in depth reviews podcast of plenty fanedits.

Thank you beezo.

Writer/Director Neill Blomkamp's 2013 film Elysium suffers not only as a one-man army, CGI laden action movie, but also as a political allegory. The former is problematic because the main antagonist of the movie is a hired hand, with no direct tie to the hero or represent any thematic obstacle. The latter fails due to inserting technology into the movie without realizing how it undercuts its allegorical message. 

Faneditor Panzerkut has set out to edit this movie to remove its more troublesome allegorical themes to make something that is "more brutal, fast, raw and direct." Join Beezo as he discusses this parsed down edit of Elysium titled Elysium: Panzerkut.

PanzerKut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all, the DLC isn't working anymore.
So I ask for update DLC and it should be on info soon.
Otherwise, feel free to contact me in PM ;)

orchidal

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi all, the DLC isn't working anymore.
So I ask for update DLC and it should be on info soon.
Otherwise, feel free to contact me in PM ;)
this cut turned something flawed which I already liked into something much greater and more rewarding. thnx for making this. Any plans on upscaling the quality at some point?

PanzerKut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this cut turned something flawed which I already liked into something much greater and more rewarding. thnx for making this. Any plans on upscaling the quality at some point?
Thank you very much for your very kind comment, I'm glad you enjoyed it. When you talk about quality, would you say a 4K version? Because the export is already in 1080p. Or is it something else ?

Top Bottom