• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Editing blu-ray video

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've been using womble for editing mpeg 2/DVD material and it was good enough for my purposes, but now I'd like to create some simple edits (like let's say - recreate Dir Cut of Lethal Weapon on blu-ray) and I need a tool which allows to edit and export HD material (MPEG-4 AVC, VC-1, MPEG2) without re-encoding.

Any suggestions?

Videoredo can edit and smart render AVC. As far I know, you are out of luck when it comes to VC-1; you would have to re-encode such files.

Unfortunately Lethal Weapon is encoded in VC-1, but it shopuld help with some others and in this case I'll just re-encode it with RipBot before editing.

how about the audio? are you intending on keeping any possible lossless audio tracks in your edit?
if so, any tips on ripping them?

I've been tinkering with editing in HD recently and think I've come up with a pretty decent workflow for retaining the quality of the original blu ray.

For lossless audio:

• I rip the entire blu ray to my HD using AnyDVDHD to remove the copy protection.
  • I convert the audio from the main .m2ts file (dts.hd in my case) to uncompressed wavs using eac3to. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=135095
  • After editing, I then export each channel separatley from Premiere in uncompressed mono format.
  • For some reason the volume is always lower than it should be so I use the amplify filter in audacity to correct this. (R/C/L/LFE to 0 dB, Rear Channels to -3 dB)
  • I then take the 6 mono, volume corrected wavs, and create a new dts.hd file with them using DTS Master audio suite.
I've not found any blu ray authoring software that doesn't cost a fortune, that can handle dts.hd yet, but tsmuxer can be used to create a blu ray/ AVCHD without any menus.

i followeds the guide given by ThrowgnCpr
i have a nice lagarith avi
6 wav files
and i set up the properties in sony vegas 13- i upgraded
but in the preview window theres black bars on the top and the bottom
can i remove those bars without things looking stretched
and will the black bars be there when i output.

jswert123456 said:
i followeds the guide given by ThrowgnCpr
i have a nice lagarith avi
6 wav files
and i set up the properties in sony vegas 13- i upgraded
but in the preview window theres black bars on the top and the bottom
can i remove those bars without things looking stretched
and will the black bars be there when i output.

change the properties of your project. When you added clips, did Vegas ask you if you wanted to set the project properties to match your media? (you should say yes, since you are just starting out). If the film has a wider scope than 16:9, the back bars are necessary to be blu-ray compliant (1920x1080).

only one more question
how do i line up the audio tracks
i have, fr, fl, c, LFE, sl, sr

add them each to a separate line, and line them up against the left side (start point of your timeline). You'll need to pan each track to the appropriate speaker in the track options

so i get front left, front right and center
but what about LFE- where does it pan to
and surround right and surround left- pan to

move the orange circle to the bottom left corner for left surround, and bottom right corner for right surround.

for LFE, right click on that box, and choose LFE only

thank you so much
now i just figure where the original soundtrack is and mute that
I am guessing, since I dont want the original soundtrack (music)

Are they actually out of sync, or are you having preview lag issues (low processing power makes the preview window stutter and look out of sync)? Make sure your video and audio tracks are lined up at the beginning and end of your project.

ok it must be the lag you mentioned.
maybe i should downsize the video to 720p

yes, if you are using lagarith AVI, you need quite a lot of processing power to edit full 1080p. Downsizing to 720p will help.

Back
Top Bottom