• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

DW2012's Doctor Who

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Saturday September 29th marked a momentous occasion in the world of Doctor Who fanfilms, as Luke Newman, star, producer, and writer for fanfillm production crew DW2012 stepped down from the role of The Doctor, which he had been portraying for five years. He will be succeeded in the role by fellow DW Youtubber Dominic Greenwood-Martin

I thought I'd share the finale to Newman's tenure as The Doctor, and from then on, every new episode of Dominic's time as the character.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Thanks for the suggestion. I've watched a lot of Star Trek and Star Wars fan films but for some reason never Doctor Who. Do you know of any other good series?

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
asterixsmeagol said:
Thanks for the suggestion. I've watched a lot of Star Trek and Star Wars fan films but for some reason never Doctor Who. Do you know of any other good series?

Try Billy Tracey's Time Agent...started off as a pretty cringey DW spin-off and steadily matured and grew into it's own thing

It's recently been announced it's coming back for a fourth series

Tracey is better known today as one member of the Youtube superfan group FiveWhoFans.

Billy and Jaime Carol (who played Agent Mortis) went back and re watched the first episode lately

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Zarius said:
Saturday September 29th marked a momentous occasion in the world of Doctor Who fanfilms, as Luke Newman, star, producer, and writer for fanfillm production crew DW2012 stepped down from the role of The Doctor, which he had been portraying for five years. He will be succeeded in the role by fellow DW Youtubber Dominic Greenwood-Martin

I thought I'd share the finale to Newman's tenure as The Doctor, and from then on, every new episode of Dominic's time as the character.

I saw Newman's 50th and didn't think much but this blew my mind, an epic story with great effects, acting and story. I haven't watched many of this series but understood it, a mix of Davies & Moffat feel. I saw a picture of Dominic on twitter and commented that he should do a fan film not knowing about this! I will be a regular viewer of his series, definitely.

asterixsmeagol said:

I'm pretty old school and I haven't enjoyed much of the 'YouTube Generation' Who fan films but there is some good material out there.

Nick Scovell is probably my favourite fan Doctor, he has played the part across classic-style films, a New Series style re imagining of Power of the Daleks (which was taken down) audio and several stage shows.The Millennium Trap was his debut, a 60s style romp with Daleks and UNIT

The Projection Room started a few years before the McGann TV Movie. Their first 'season finale' is notable because it features the Doctor regenerating, The Master, Daleks, Cybermen and even a cameo from Davros! Also on this channel is Gene Genius, featuring the Seventh Doctor and Ace reprised by the original TV stars Sylvester McCoy and Sophie Aldred!

Here's a feature length crossover between Doctor Who and the Aliens franchise.

wilhelm scream

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This is the most unique Doctor WHo fanfilm I have ever seen, as it contains one of the only 2 live-action appearances of Bernice Summerfield: 

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Looks like Luke wasn't quite ready to leave the role behind, he and his team have spent the last few months completely remastering/remaking his first four series with improved writing, new scenes, revised costumes and effects. Time has been rewritten!

Unfortunately, this means that the original versions of the episodes have been deleted and purged from the channel, luckily I downloaded them all

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

Here's the first of the remade episodes ;)

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
An explanation for the remastered editions

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Episode Two of The Little Red Doctor's remastered adventures

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In the comments section of "Whispers In The Woods", Newman confirmed to a viewer that Dominic's series will resume once they've uploaded the first season of the remastered series.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Domnic Green Martin, the actor who portrays the Purple Doctor, Luke's successor, has been feeling a little under the weather lately, with a diminished interest in Nu Who and coping with an illness his mother has...and he says here he won't be discussing the fanfilms any further on his channel. 

I've heard things are not all that pleasant behind the scenes of the DW2012 series, and if they're somehow factoring into Dom's depression...then, well, yikes, makes it hard to support them.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
So some unfortunate news, the special episode 'Eternal Darkness' was originally scheduled to air last night, but according to Newman the 'file was corrupted' and all attempts to correct the issue were met with failure.

But it got worse after that, as on his instagram, Luke decided to ragequit on the entire project, citing setbacks and stresses that had overwhelmed him

newmanedned.png

DANLAV05

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I remember when Kelvingto ragequit his version of The Five Doctors with Tom Baker properly inserted. He'd spent months rotoscoping, editing, effects etc

He said it was because YouTube messed him about

I was devastated

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Apparently Luke's calmed down now and is trying to salvage the anniversary episode using previously backed-up autosaves

Top Bottom