• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

DVDStyler Help

moviefan95

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Okay, so I've been thinking lately that it would be cool to burn some of my fan edits on to DVD's so that I can watch them in my player. I'm trying to use DVDStyler to set up menus and such. I've got the background for the main menu of one of the movies set up already, and I've got the timestamps for the different chapters. But I'm new to this program, so I need a bit of help.

First of all, when I'm setting up the scene selection menu, I'm having trouble making it so that it selects different chapters. It will only select different titles, which I don't want, since the movie is one title that is split into chapters. There is a button for making it select a chapter, but it is greyed out, so that I can't use it. I really need help figuring this out.

Second of all, is there a way to preview what this is going to look like before I go through the entire process? I don't want to spend hours waiting for the program to burn to the disk only to find out that I messed it up.

I'll post more questions if I run into more difficulties.

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVDStyler?
No, I think that will never work to your satisfaction.
Wait for other editors to weigh in.
Are you limited to freeware?
They will have suggestions regarding that, as well.

moviefan95

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Vultural said:
DVDStyler?
No, I think that will never work to your satisfaction.
Wait for other editors to weigh in.
Are you limited to freeware?
They will have suggestions regarding that, as well.
Yeah, I'm limited to freeware.

So DVDStyler isn't very good then?

Vultural

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DVDStyler is more conversion software to create a DVD.
Take avi or mp4 or mkv or any container files and turn into a DVD with rudimentary menus.
ConvertX2DVD works better, in that you can create custom menus with your own music or image background.
But - I only do that for my mother whose player cannot read files.
Again, wait for more experienced editors to advise you.
There are also excellent tutorials to read.
Best of luck.

Top Bottom