• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

DVDFab - sync problem

Ziz

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Back at Christmas I used DVDFab6 to rip some movies to the portable hard drive I gave my nephew for said holiday. When it stopped working after 30 days that was fine because I didn't need it after that.

Now I downloaded the latest free trial version of DVDFab7. In spite of them saying it's been fixed/improved, there are still certain movies it copies over with the sound out of sync. Interestingly, the two that stick in my mind are X-Men and Aliens (from the Quad box set), both titles that are dated 2003. Yet, Alien (also from the Quad box) copied over fine.

I'm using the "DVDtoMobile" function, "ipod tvout", and un-checking subtitles.

Any ideas what's wrong?

could be a few things. (1) It isn't actually breaking the copy-protection. or (2) you've got some smudges or scratches on the disc.

There is no disc ripper that is 100% effective at cracking every disc out there. DVDFab is one of the best, and the one I use first with success almost all times. However there are some discs that are just pains. In which case, try something else (like AnyDVD) to rip it too the HDD first. If that works, you can then still use DVDFab to convert (by reading the disc from your HDD) to the ipod or whatever format you want).

Look at your disc carefully. is it scratched, smudged? sometimes CRC errors just happen because discs go bad. Its less common on commercially pressed discs, but it happens.

So you think that ripping from the HD rather than the disc itself could be part of the problem, that the drive speed cycling up and down may be causing the sync issue? Interesting.

I've noticed that DVDFab has trouble with A/V sync if you use the "rip to image file" option, not so much with the straight "full disc to folder" rip. Why not rip to folder and then use handbrake or meGUI to convert the video for your player?

Back
Top Bottom