• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

DVD Lab Pro sound in menu question

dark jedi

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
OK,
When you place your sound clip on your menu in DVD Lab Pro,how do you make it only play once,NOT keep looping?

thanks

DJ

Does your project use cells? Because if it does what you can do is create a cell just after the music finishes but before the menu transitions out, and loop that.

it is just a static menu with a little sound byte,no music just a little sound clip,but it keeps looping,I just want it to do it once and stop.

if i remember correctly there should be a properties option somewhere that allows only "play 1". I'm not at home so i'm not sure.

to stop looping, just save your menu as menu, and create a new one. Load the menu there, delete the sound. Now set in connection as end link of the first menu, the second one with no sound. Voila, the menu looks the same, but does not loop.

in the PBC tab of the menu properties i just have A/V set in the duration text box and then the audio plays once and then goes to the next menu.

its how i setup my fanedit warning screen at the start of my DVD's.

nOmArch said:
in the PBC tab of the menu properties i just have A/V set in the duration text box and then the audio plays once and then goes to the next menu.

its how i setup my fanedit warning screen at the start of my DVD's.

mine is set the same but it keeps looping

boon23 said:
to stop looping, just save your menu as menu, and create a new one. Load the menu there, delete the sound. Now set in connection as end link of the first menu, the second one with no sound. Voila, the menu looks the same, but does not loop.

what you said Boon sounds real easy,but I have no idea what you said LOL.

man I am starting to get very mad :-x

Rename your menu something else [temporarily], go to Menu > Export Menu > As Menu... and give it a file name and save, change your menu back to its normal name and re-import the freshly exported menu using Menu > Load Menu...

Voila. One copied menu.

Ghostcut said:
Rename your menu something else [temporarily], go to Menu > Export Menu > As Menu... and give it a file name and save, change your menu back to its normal name and re-import the freshly exported menu using Menu > Load Menu...

Voila. One copied menu.

but how do you link then so the sound plays once?

What you do is put a timeout on the original menu to link to the second menu, and then remove the sound from the second menu.

Would you like some help setting up a timeout or are you OK with that?

EDIT: Hang on, misread your post. I'll post a guide in a minute. :-o

Ghostcut said:
What you do is put a timeout on the original menu to link to the second menu, and then remove the sound from the second menu.

Would you like some help setting up a timeout or are you OK with that?

ofcourse I need help,I have never done this before.

if you have time ofcourse,because I really want my soundbytes.

OK fine, I'm just going through the procedure and will post a quick guide in a minute.

Create a button linking to your second menu on the FIRST menu [you can play with the settings to hide this later]

Next to the button you've created, you should see a little yellow number. Note down this number.

In the Properties panel to the right, click the PBC tab. It looks like an hourglass with a pointer on it.

Under "Force Activate Btn", type in the number you just noted down.

Done!

thanks GC I really do appreciate the help,but hiding buttons,how in the hell do you do that now,won't it still get highlighted? and will it play my whole soundbyte before switching to the new menu?
I am more confused now then before LOL.
I knew I should have just stayed with simple plain ass menu's,and all the same aspect ratio's.

OK

Go to the Link tab in the Properties pane (looks like a pointer on a button with a tooltip behind it) and in the drop dowm menu under Button Visibility, select "Invisible All (XX Secret Button)". It won't highlight if I remember correctly. The method I've posted will play your entire soundbyte before it goes to the new menu.

my guide:
you need 2 menus for this, one with the audio, one without the audio.
create menu1 like you want to (images, links, etc) until it is finished. Don't add the sound yet.
menu1 --> export menu --> as menu (save it)
now for menu2:
menu --> load menu (load the saved menu1)

under connections, click on menu1
at the bottom you can set an end link. It will be activated as soon as the music has finished playing)
01ky0.jpg

link to menu 2

now add the audio to menu1

voila.
you have 2 menus, both are the same and do the same, menu 1 will be played first, then menu 2 without sound.

Thanks Boon and GC,
it is finished,all worked out great.
just more techniques to use in the future,can never learn enough.

thanks again guys

DJ

Back
Top Bottom