• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

DVD Lab Pro 2 - Out Of Memory error with compiling

T-HOPE

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am using DVD Lab Pro 2 and now I want to compile disc 1 of my T23D project. However I get the error message "Out of memory". I have enough GB of free disc, so this can't be the problem. I also don't believe it's something with my computermemory and speed, they are all fine. Something must be wrong in DVD Lab Pro 2 itself.

screenshot of error

I have a lot of menu screens, but according to DVD Lab Pro's site, this should be no problem: 640 menu screens per VTS.

I did some search on google, but it's albout subtitles. I only have subtitle on the whole DVD, so I don't think this creates the problem.

Can anyone help me with the problem. Some site said about updating DVD Lab Pro 2 or something, but I don't have a clue at the moment.

never had that problem.

I'm going to try to update the program, hoping that this program will be fixed AND THAT MY PROJECT WILL BE UNCHANGED.

I'm getting some weird error messages with this project. Perhaps because it's soo big?

Does someone else have an idea?

might be worth a try downgrading, i had a weird problem with 2.3 where the compiler would drop out on the 22nd title with an unrecoverable error.

tried 1.6 and the problem disappeared, you'd have to totally rebuild the menus though which considering how complex your project is probably to much of a sacrifice to make.

sorry i dont have anything more positive for you.

nOmArch said:
might be worth a try downgrading, i had a weird problem with 2.3 where the compiler would drop out on the 22nd title with an unrecoverable error.

tried 1.6 and the problem disappeared, you'd have to totally rebuild the menus though which considering how complex your project is probably to much of a sacrifice to make.

sorry i dont have anything more positive for you.
Rebuilding the menus is NOT an option, I have more than 300 menu's (I lost count after the 300th menu). Still thanks for the advice though.

I tried DVD Lab Pro 2.3, but it gives me the same error.

Within a few days, I'm going to delete some menus to see if it is menu related.

Boon, I have some VTS with only a black clip of 2 seconds. The clip is not linked (the VTS had to have some movie, that's why). Do you think this could be related?

This error is really annoying. I sitll hope I can compile this DVD, because it would really make me depressive if I should start over again.

I had this error... twice. I tried a third time and it worked, but the first Dolby 5.1 track only showed as 1 channel, and opening VIDEO_TS.VOB would show grey gradient lines on the screen.

EDIT: The only subtitles were on the second VTS.

Ghostcut said:
I had this error... twice. I tried a third time and it worked, but the first Dolby 5.1 track only showed as 1 channel, and opening VIDEO_TS.VOB would show grey gradient lines on the screen.

EDIT: The only subtitles were on the second VTS.
The problem is that this erroe even happens before the error log appears with compiling, so I can't check that one out.

I know. This happened to me. I just kept trying to compile it until it worked.

Ghostcut said:
I know. This happened to me. I just kept trying to compile it until it worked.
That's what I will do, but the issue, that I really don't have a clue where to look for what...
If the program at least gave me a simple hint like "subtitle" or "surround" , then I would know where to look.

maybe it means the temp files on your harddrive.

I don't think so - I used a 750GB hard disk as my temp folder and it kept throwing the errors.

Yesterday I set the project to mega project and also flushed/freed the memory. Still no luck. I still get an error and even the log file doesn't tell me a thing, because it's not created at this stage of compiling.

Damn it! :-(

could it be anything to do with not originally starting as a mega project?

juust throwing out ideas, as i have no idea whether this could even be an issue.

nOmArch said:
could it be anything to do with not originally starting as a mega project?

juust throwing out ideas, as i have no idea whether this could even be an issue.
I have thought about it, but if that's the okay, then why is there a button called "CONVERT to mega"? This indicates that it should be possible to do it afterwards too.

did you ask their support?

I've never used this program, but i've had a very similar program recently with my city of angels project in Pinnacle studio. I know you said you have enough computer memory etc., but i'll go ahead and tell my experience in case it helps any. My edit of the movie was Huge (close to 3000 cuts, or "frame cells"). When i tried to output the movie, basically the same thing kept happening to me; saying I didn't have enough memory. For me, it has to definately be a RAM issue (there's plenty of hard drive space).

As I can't really afford to buy more RAM at the moment, I chose to break the project into pieces to see if that helped. Sure enough it did, and the program worked as normal. It's an issue of how many things have to be "read" in a project simutaneously. The PC can be a big hog of things such as this. How much RAM do you have?

I wish you the best of luck with your problem as I know it would be heartbreaking to lose/rebuild such a thing -- and I have been looking forward to your DVD (set) of course. I wish I could help more.. cutting down DVD menus just is nowehere as simple as putting a movie into smaller pieces.. :(

Added 1 gb of extra RAM memory, but this didn't solve the problem. Damn it! :-(

Going to try out their forum.

boon23 said:
did you ask their support?
http://www.mmbforums.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=18810

This is what I posted there:

I have DVD Lab Pro 2, and when trying to create my latest DVD, I get an "out of memory" error. I already searched on google and on this forum, for more info, but it seems I am still stuck and fond solutions. Now you are my last hope.

I have already tried to compile it with the latest 2.3 trial version, but this doesn't work neither.

My computer:
Windows XP Home (servicepack 2 installed)
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.40 GHz
1.5GB RAM Memory
250 gb hard disc

DVD Lab Pro 2.00 (PR8) (Compiler ver. 4.0.29.0) settings:
Mega-Project

2 VMG Menus, linking to 10 VTS Roots.
Fullscreen 4:3, NTSC 720 x 480.

This is the overview per VTS. I have made sure that every VTS section has at least 1 video (mandotory). However, the VTS section with movie "Black" don't link to this file, it's just there because I didn't have a movie to link to in that VTS.

NOte: with the start, it is linked that it first plays the teaser video from VTS01 and then goes to the VMG main menu.

One might wonder why I have so many menus. This is because a lot of menus have just a cpi with two buttons Previous (pic) and Next (pic). This may not be the source of the error, because the help file cleary says: Each VTS can have 99 Movies and 250 menus.

In this project, there's only 1 subtitle (automatically on) with only 1 line of dialogue which is only applied to 1 movieclip.

Project
project01.jpg

VTS 01 - USF
teaser.jpg

Menus: 135

VTS 02 - USH
easter1.jpg

Menus: 112

VTS 03 - USJ
easter2.jpg

Menus: 98

VTS 04 - Facts
black.jpg

Menus: 11

VTS 05 - Timeline
black.jpg

Menus: 12

VTS 06 - Live
live.jpg

Menus: 3

VTS 07 - Workprint
workprint.jpg

Menus: 16

VTS 08 - Queue
queue.jpg

Menus: 1

VTS 09 - 3D Villain
3dvillain.jpg

Menus: 1

VTS 10 - Word/Credits
black.jpg

- Menus: 6

Reports:
file overview report
links overview report
html report

Some bettter news. I removed the next 4 VTS sections.
- VTS 04 - Facts
- VTS 05 - Timeline
- VTS 09 - 3D Villain
- VTS 10 - Word/Credits

Now I can compile it, I'm wating for the burning result. However, I am wondering what those 4 sections are blocking with my compiling proces.

Back
Top Bottom