• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

DVD/Bluray Menu Creation

WilliamRedRobin

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought it would be fun to make a fanedit with a full DVD menu that has scene select, special features, etc.

I had a look around and the only threads on this subject are from about a decade ago.
Does anyone know about how to do this kind of thing in 2024?

Unfortunately, most (all?) software have discontinued this in the 2020's. Adobe Encore is what I used back in the day but it is no longer available.

Is this not still possible with dvdarchitect, or is that only blu-ray? I have an old version of dvd architect that I used to make a dvd for my Hidden edit.

Is this not still possible with dvdarchitect, or is that only blu-ray? I have an old version of dvd architect that I used to make a dvd for my Hidden edit.
It would be pretty ironic if it was called DVD Architect but could only make Blu-Ray and not DVD. I think all versions do DVDs, but I heard that software was also discontinued, so to get it you need to buy an older version of Vegas with it bundled in? I could be wrong.

Is it possible to make a loose file that opens with a menu or does it have to be loaded onto a disk?

DVD architect is what I used for RotS: Rebalanced. Works well enough, but yeah it might be discontinued.

Is it possible to make a loose file that opens with a menu or does it have to be loaded onto a disk?

You could make a disk ISO file that could be loaded into VLC with menus. But usually it's only worth bothering with a disk menu if you're planning on putting it on a disk for viewing.

Back
Top Bottom