• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

DVD Authoring advice for the uninitiated?

you can probably add AVIs, but Architect may not be the best at encoding these. And you are going through another encode that way.

I really dont understand how you are trying to make a video in Architect by adding text. You can only add text to menus.

I think you are maybe getting in a bit over your head with this. It is in your best interest to go through all the help and tutorial files in the Architect help menu, and also search the web for tutorials, info and guides. videohelp, afterdawn and doom9 are good places to start.

To break it down, here is a quick guide to DVD authoring

-render all videos (features, and menu backgrounds) for DVD as DVD-ready mpeg elementary streams (video: .m2v, audio: .ac3).
-add these files to your DVD project. Build your menus in the DVD authoring program. Here you can add your background videos to menus, and add buttons for linking. Some software lets you add a bit of text info to the menu also.
-build your DVD. after you have added all your feature videos, made some menus to link to these videos, export it to DVD files. The result should be a directory with at least a VIDEO_TS folder containing your DVD-ready files
-this folder can be played in a media player like mediaplayer classic to check to make sure everything came out OK.
-if it all looks good, then burn to disc using Nero or ImgBurn

ThrowgnCpr said:
I really dont understand how you are trying to make a video in Architect by adding text. You can only add text to menus.

I think you are maybe getting in a bit over your head with this.
Here's what I wanna emulate:

THose are pics from HIGHLANDER, the TV Series, the Watcher Chronicles of that episode in the disc.

pdvd045.jpg

pdvd046.jpg

pdvd047.jpg

Simlarly, I make the central page and I add a series of buttons, see? Then I create the subsequent pages for the rest of the characters. In each character I add text and the images on each certain page. And the BACK button always goes to the WC page, and the next one goes to the next file. ANd the MENU goes to the main menu.

See what I mean, now?

Hello, once again.

Looks like the previous problem with the missing plug-ins was a result of the product. I'll never download pirated copies again!

Anywho, I have another question: The film I'm doing is widescreen, and the black thingys up and down the film are shown as gray instead of blackish black. How do I change that?

could you show a screen shot?

is it spose to be 4.3?

yes, it looks like you encoded it to 4:3. But anyway, I have found that the preview window in DVD Architect shows the letterboxing much lighter than it actually is. I would do a test build, and see what the letterboxing actually looks like when you play it on a media player or on your home DVD player. It should be fine.

Yes, it is in 4:3.

And also, I did do a test DVD with a clip from the movie and it came out like that - letterbox with the gray thing.

I don't mind it being letterbox, but the gray thing really bothers me. It sticks out too much.

Anyway, if the gray thing can't change, I'll figure a way to make it work. But it really surprises me that that thing couldn't be changed, as far as I could say.

the grey letterbox is a result of the editing software and encoding software you used, and not really from DVD Architect. If you want to get rid of those grey areas, you will have to crop and re-encode in your editing software. BTW... why did you encode a widescreen video to 4:3?

I just discovered, with another vid, that they gray eras appear only when the widescreen selection is not on, like this:

screenshot2xdo.jpg

Whereas when I simply select 720x480 and not widescreen, it goes like this:

screenshot3s.jpg

As to answer your question... Its because I have the text files that I mentioned above. Didn't you check my last post? Well, its something like that, and the widescreen selection won't allow me to have more than 18 buttons or so.

I am thinking of a way to recouperate (spell) though... But it'll take some time.

Hello all, once again.

I just wanted to say, I've had great success with the authoring of the re-edit. I can say that the result is very satisfying, at least to me, anyway.

Go here (viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6007), and stay tuned for that re-edit's release.

BTW, I'm not Aleander, or TOOTCB. I did not make the re-edit, BUT, I did author it. Thanks to you guys, especially thanks to ThrowgnCpr. Many, many thanks.

:)

Back
Top Bottom