• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Favorite Edit of the Year (FEOTY) Nominations for 2020 are now open! Submit your entries here.

DVD Architect Pro 6.0 Help

Dizn

Active member
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Trophy Points
6
I'm trying to great menus for a project for a friend as a birthday present.
Is it possible to keep the main menu video that's on the background from not starting over after you choose a menu to go to.
Lets say I'm in main menu and I want to go "Episode List" atm after i go to sub menu the video start all over again... 
Hopefully anyone seeing this gets the idea and if possible could help me out.
I'm kinda new to DVD Architect so I'm not entirely sure if it can be done or maybe there's a better option for this.
 

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Messages
15,078
Reaction score
2
Trophy Points
123
a background video needs to be specified for each menu. So, a submenu would have a completely different background. If it is starting over, then you added it to both menus.
 

Dizn

Active member
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Trophy Points
6
Yes I did add the same video for both menus. But is it possible to make the video from main menu to continue even after going to submenu? If not I guess I'll make a still image and add some audio for submenus..
 

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Messages
15,078
Reaction score
2
Trophy Points
123
Dizn said:
Yes I did add the same video for both menus. But is it possible to make the video from main menu to continue even after going to submenu? If not I guess I'll make a still image and add some audio for submenus..

No, that isn't possible. You can create a start point in the video, but it is a specific point, not a continuation of the previous menu.
 

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Messages
23,442
Reaction score
41
Trophy Points
158
ThrowgnCpr said:
No, that isn't possible. 

2cd40aa8-1b6e-476b-8f83-43b0d5de105b.jpg
 

Dizn

Active member
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Trophy Points
6
ThrowgnCpr said:
Dizn said:
Yes I did add the same video for both menus. But is it possible to make the video from main menu to continue even after going to submenu? If not I guess I'll make a still image and add some audio for submenus..

No, that isn't possible. You can create a start point in the video, but it is a specific point, not a continuation of the previous menu.

Well that seems fine. I had a feeling that what I wanted to do was impossible, at least now I know. How can I make a starting point and continue from that point in my submenus?
 

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Messages
15,078
Reaction score
2
Trophy Points
123
You need to set a loop point. In your main menu action that takes you to that submenu, you can specify if it goes to the beginning of the submenu or the loop point
 

Dizn

Active member
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Trophy Points
6
ThrowgnCpr said:
You need to set a loop point. In your main menu action that takes you to that submenu, you can specify if it goes to the beginning of the submenu or the loop point

I'll try that and post back.
 

Dizn

Active member
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Trophy Points
6
Alright so far so good. Next question if someone can answer.

1) How to make a menu for Audio that switches the audio track on all videos. I have 8 videos that use dual audio and would like to change between them from a menu like you normally would in a DVD/Blu-Ray.

2) Same as above but for subtitles.

Any detailed how to would be very helpful

EDIT: Got everything working, thanks for anyone that helped.
 

Dizn

Active member
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Trophy Points
6
Anyone that knows more about the program could share some info!
Is there a limit on how many files you can open in DVD Architect? Program doesn't respond after I open more then 18 files, so until 18 I fine after that the opening process will stay at 100% and will not complete. Is my hardware not capable or is there some other factor in play? I've confirmed that all my files are working and I can open them all one by one. But at the moment there seems to be a limit of 18 on any project I make.

Hardware Specs: 8Gb Ram, i5-3570k 3.4GHz OC'd to 4.5GHz, AMD Radeon HD 7900 series.
 

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Messages
15,078
Reaction score
2
Trophy Points
123
I have not encountered that limitation. The Bounty Hunter project I worked on had more than 18 titles on the bonus disc.
 

Dizn

Active member
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Trophy Points
6
ThrowgnCpr said:
I have not encountered that limitation. The Bounty Hunter project I worked on had more than 18 titles on the bonus disc.

May I ask what your system specs were? I have a feeling that I need more Ram, but I could be wrong.
 

ThrowgnCpr

awol
Staff member
Messages
15,078
Reaction score
2
Trophy Points
123
At that time it was a desktop with an AMD 6-core processor and 8GB of RAM. That shouldn't matter much though. It's not like you are rendering 18 videos at one time. They are just being indexed in the project.
 
Top Bottom