• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

DVD Architect 3 changes 5.1 audio to 2.0... WHY?!

OfficiallyUnofficial

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
All right... a new project, with new questions. I'm working on the re-edit of Enter the Dragon (the theatrical cut video is complete, so I'm working on both projects simultaneously), and decided to go with a 5.1 track. So, I decided to test the first 10 minutes of the project on DVD. I created the 5.1 AC-3 track in Vegas 7 and then set the temp DVD project up in DVD Architect 3. I set up all of the proper switches to "AC-3 5.1 Surround" in both properties and optimize disc... yet when I burn it to DVD and check it out on my surround system, it's coming out of only the front left and right speakers! The disc even says it's a 5.1 track, but it's only coming out as if it were 2.0!

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong since I have made a 5.1 test disc in the past with a different project, using Vegas 7 and DVD Architect 3. I even checked the AC-3 file I made by splitting it into 6 mono files, and they all had the correct audio. So apparently DVD Arch3 is what's causing the issues... I just don't know how to fix it! :???: Anyone have a general idea as to what's causing this?

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Maybe it would help first if you upgraded to DVD Architect 4.

OfficiallyUnofficial

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Ghostcut said:
Maybe it would help first if you upgraded to DVD Architect 4.

But the thing is, I have successfully made a 5.1 audio dvd in DVD Architect 3 before... but is 4 a better choice for 5.1?

OfficiallyUnofficial

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hmm, I'll definately have to give that a shot. Thanks for the heads up... I'll be back later either going "WOO HOO!" or "DAMN IT!" :lol:

OfficiallyUnofficial

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, here's the result...

"DAMN IT!"

I now have DVD Architect 4, burned a new test disc... and the 5.1 track is still only coming through 2 speakers. Is there a certain series of settings that are used in Vegas and DVD Arch to ensure true 5.1 surround? Like I said, I have made a 5.1 audio DVD in the past which came out in the proper speakers, but now it's just coming out in 2.

So... any ideas as to the cause of the issue?

Ghostcut

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
You've exported the AC3 as a 5.1 Film soundtrack, right? Sometimes it might help if you re-export.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Experiencing the same thing with DVD architect 7
My Blu Ray discs are exporting with only the front channel. The properties are set for a 5.1 AC3 output. Is this a byproduct of the audio having to be compressed?

Has anyone found a way to fix this?

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
DigModiFicaTion said:
My Blu Ray discs are exporting with only the front channel. The properties are set for a 5.1 AC3 output. Is this a byproduct of the audio having to be compressed?

I can't help with Architect, but the answer to the above question is no.  Try checking your project settings.

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I double checked this morning. And it is set for 5.1 and the source files are 5.1. I've read that in the past it was advertised as being able to do 5.1 but that was only dvd. This latest version was supposed to offer 5.1 for Blu Ray.

Captain Khajiit

Donor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In that case, I can't help you.  All I can say is that the program's exporting only the center channel is not a consequence of compression. Something else is wrong.

Top Bottom