• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

duration of video wrong

ohmss

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Following ADM's guide I have ripped a dvd using decryptor. The film is 2:00:27 long.
I converted the AC3 to 6 wav files and then converted the "c" channel to mp3, this file is still 2 hours long.
I did the GOP fix in Womble but want to edit in Adobe Premier. When I import the video it is only 57:40:09 (but over 4 Gig).
Wmble shows the video as 2 hours long, so ok there.
Watching it in VLC shows no obvious speeding up although there is no time indication at bottom left of screen (shows all zeroes).

So, is this a problem with Premiere and mpeg or have I missed something?
If I need to convert it, what settings should I use in Tmgenc?

i had the same problem with premiere as well,but it only occurring when i wanted to use NTSC videos to edit,i think it is something to do with the frame rate not matching the project settings...not sure though,i just went back to PAL format and had no more problems

This is probably a framerate issue. Your video may be 23.97, and Premiere isnt recognizing the pulldown flags properly or something. So I am guessing it is confusing 23.97 with 29.97 (or vice versa). With PAL, its 25. thats it, so there wouldnt be any confusion there.

Other things on my plate for a while now but, yes, I think I'll have to have a go at learning how to do that.

Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom