• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Dune (1984) The Alternative Edition Redux | Special 1080p Edition:

MCP

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I hold Dune in very high regard. The original David Lynch film was one of my formative cinematic experiences, inspiring me to read Frank Herbert's original book series by the time I got through middle school. As soon as I learned about the art of fanedits, I sought out a version of Lynch's film that better represented the book's story and tone. Spicediver's fifteen year journey in completing this edit is commendable. Drawing upon as much material as possible and putting in an immense amount of effort to complete effects, he's created the fullest version of Dune possible, While there is some visual incongruity between video sources, he's gone to great lengths to incorporate them into the film as naturally as possible. While the majority of the internal narration is thankfully excises, my only suggestion is to eliminate these sections further, even some of the Virginia Madsen narrative moments - The story offered, I feel, is complete set up well enough that I feel the audience can be trusted to understand the narrative. Still, this fanedit is one of my favorite discoveries, and my definite go-to when the Dune mood strikes.

Continue reading...

Back
Top Bottom