• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Fan Edit Of The Year (FEOTY) 2021: and the WINNERS are...! here Congratulations!

Dune (1984) Alternative Edition Redux | Special 1080p Edition

spicediver

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
52135377896_0c0f33e6b9_o.jpg

IFDB link:

Brief Synopsis:
This is my 1080p high definition rebuild of Dune The Alternative Edition Redux, my 2012 fanedit (in 480 standard definition) of David Lynch's 1984 science fiction film.

Intention:
The footage is drawn from 94% 1080p sources, and also features improved special effects, improved colour correction and a small number of minor additional editing changes. Enjoy this fanedit in glorious new detail - such visually rich and imaginative cinema as Lynch’s Dune deserves no less.

Special Thanks:

For assistance on the Special 1080p Edition, in particular I would like to thank:

addiesin
ArtisDead
doug23
DwightFry
TM2YC
Wakeupkeo

Screenshots slideshow:

YouTube

This new Special 1080p Edition is available on YouTube in some countries:

Last edited:

jackparsons

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Woohoo! Can't wait to get it! This is the finest peplum ever made, and is sumptuous.

A tip: I used the Downsub site to process the subtitles into SRT, as the other options for getting subtitles out of YT are horrendous.

elmosoprano

Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is brilliant, well done! i always thought it would be amazing to have this edit in hd

Last edited:
Top Bottom