• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

DUEL

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Wow! thanks again. Yes poor little DUEL was completly ignored.
But it was a labour of love.
i remember watching it as a kid, in an empty theater with me sitting on the very first row, looking up at this behemoth charging down the highway.
Unforgetable.

The tv frame is almost a perfect square.
fullscreenan4.jpg

So i had to pretty much resize and reframe all of the movie.
i was very happily surprised that it all worked.

there are some bonuses. An alternative audio track has the audiobook of the original Richard Matheson story which I ended up not using
and also a nifty slideshow with binaural audio best experienced with headphones.

widescreenduelfv2.jpg

Your right, the framing was excellent. So I guess this would not be possible for an edit of a typical tv show without losing lots....

Again, amazing work!

I just got it, amazing version, my prefered, I always hated the square look.

Regarding TV shows, you would have to have, as with duel, a scan of the entire square frame. It's often not the case, as old TV shows are zoomboxed inside the square or 1.66 frame they were shot.

...i didn't even know you edited DUEL...

how do you get it?

so Stamper, now that you've watched DUEL, are you still going to reframe PUNISHER?

*Copied from main site*

An underrated classic, Duel gets the remixed by Jorge treatment and is a thrilling ride worth taking.
I always enjoyed the original but this edit really ratchets up the tension and the new aspect ratio provides a more claustrophobic experience which adds to the excitement.
I agree w/ joebshmoe's review comment that even more could have probably been cut but what is here works just fine.
The only major omission I noticed was the "cafe rest stop" scene which I enjoyed in the original but its removal doesnt harm the edit and works well to keep the film moving at a faster pace. overall a great job by a great editor.

8/10

Entertainment 8/10 I loved it but it doesnt replace my original, rather gives a newer, faster more modern cinema experience.
Editing 10/10 as always, flawless
Video quality 7/10 looked good but this is an older film and the source isnt very crisp. No fault of Jorge but this film could benefit from a new transfer
Audio quality 8/10 sounded great but could benefit from a remaster.

elbarto1 said:
*Copied from main site*

An underrated classic, Duel gets the remixed by Jorge treatment and is a thrilling ride worth taking.
I always enjoyed the original but this edit really ratchets up the tension and the new aspect ratio provides a more claustrophobic experience which adds to the excitement.
I agree w/ joebshmoe's review comment that even more could have probably been cut but what is here works just fine.
The only major omission I noticed was the "cafe rest stop" scene which I enjoyed in the original but its removal doesnt harm the edit and works well to keep the film moving at a faster pace. overall a great job by a great editor.

8/10

Entertainment 8/10 I loved it but it doesnt replace my original, rather gives a newer, faster more modern cinema experience.
Editing 10/10 as always, flawless
Video quality 7/10 looked good but this is an older film and the source isnt very crisp. No fault of Jorge but this film could benefit from a new transfer
Audio quality 8/10 sounded great but could benefit from a remaster.
Thank you so much for the feedback. Very generous. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom