• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Driver - A fanedit of Drive (2011) - HD update now available

Thank you @"Trez75" for your review. I'm so pleased you felt it was Lynchian, that was most definitely my intention. I definitely feel motivated to revisit these movies (plus A Place Beyond The Pines and Only God Forgives) with an even more Lynchian edit in the future.

I'd like to thank @"milespi" for not only leaving a review of this edit but for bringing a technical issue to my attention and for being so forgiving about it. Regrettably the version I sent to Miles featured subpar quality footage because I had neglected to change a setting before re-encoding the file ready for upload. If you look at the thread for this edit you'll see this issue happened previously when encoding a sample, it is caused by a glitch with Lightworks 14.5 importing video files but ultimately it is user error. Milespi's (and others) positive feedback about the edit coupled with the quality issues they faced have inspired me to rebuild this edit in glorious HD. This was my second ever edit back when I could only work with DVD sources and since my other SD edit, Thor, recently got the HD treatment it seems only fair to do the same here. Work will begin once I finalise my After Earth edit.

Cool that you are giving Driver a HD restoration...is this the glitch with the title sequence at the beginning ? i noticed the title didn't overlap the original in the file i have..i was meant to mention it but have been so busy and sidetracked lately.

Last Impressions said:
Cool that you are giving Driver a HD restoration...is this the glitch with the title sequence at the beginning ? i noticed the title didn't overlap the original in the file i have..i was meant to mention it but have been so busy and sidetracked lately.

That is part of it, yes. In a nutshell some files, apparently randomly, appear invisible to Lightworks so instead of importing through the normal route you have to manually drag and drop the files, be they video, audio or image, one by one. Unfortunately when you need to log in to Lightworks which is a required process once per fortnight (¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't know why) files imported via this drag an drop method behave strangely and need either reimporting or a setting change to function correctly. Image file vanish, video files drop resolution etc. The mask image used to cover the original title was one of the files that didn't import correctly. In my excitement at having a new computer I forgot about this and because my driver edit started with La La Land footage (which had been imported via the standard route) it appeared to play correctly. So in a summary my current Driver link links to a bad copy which I will be be removing in favour of a newly and more importantly correctly encoded SD version and with HD remake on its way soon.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I started the HD rebuild of this today. It is a scene for scene remake just using the Blu-ray's as sources. I've obviously improved at using Lightworks as it only took about and hour to redo all the scenes transitions. Do now I've only got the fiddly bits to do:
  • Mask and alter the title
  • Add additional credits
  • Add film burn post dream
  • Alter aspect ratios of dreams to match Drive
Hopefully I'll have this HD version finished, encoded and uploaded next week. There'll not be a new IFDB post as there is nothing new here beyond the improved image quality. I'll update the current listing once it's complete to reflect that it is now available in HD.

The HD remaster for this is now available

Thank you to @gamingmafia834 for their review this, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. And thank you for highlighting a flash frame I'd missed. I'll be addressing that issue and encoding a new version of Driver tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom