• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

DREAMGIRLS - The Broadway Edition (EXTENDED)

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Nice and simple this.
12 extended Musical Numbers, 1 new song
16 sec deleted
Original montage sequences incorporated into extended songs as per theatrical cut

This now feels meater, and is still a great film...just not rushed as much.
New opening AND new end title sequences (original had no opening title sequence).

SUMMARY
Original film name Dreamgirls
New film name : Dreamgirls-The Braodway Edition
Film studio name : Paramount/Dreamworks SKG
Edit crew name : Wraith
Date Original Film Was released :
Date Edit Was Released : 16 Jan 2011
Original Runtime : 130 Min (PAL 124 min)
New Runtime : 139 Min (equivalent to 145min NTSC)

DVD release Info
release information:
PAL Release at 7500 mbps and at 448 kps 5:1 surround DL
DVD details:
Single DISC Dual Layer
Main Film 1.02 build 03
hardware used:
EDITED on DEL Dimension 8300
2 x 1 TB Western Digital SATA Drives
4 gb RAM
Intel 3.2mb GHz Dual Core
Windows XP Sp3
Saphire 1950xt 512mb
Correl Ulead Video Studio 12
DVD Movie Factory 4
Cooledit Pro V 1

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Dear lord no....Its a dual layer, and have corrected....the film wont easily compress to SL....some do some don't. This one pixels like crazy below 6000, even on DL I had to do 3 corrective renders on places that pixelated.

Thx for the obervation
W

Peterson

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hey Wraith, thanks for this edition. A little observation, the DLC file contains file #2 to #18 from SL version and #1 from DL version. How is it possible to open your upload? :-(

Regards

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Upload error.
Am loading up the correct file, but have internet service issues. As soon as the upload for the correct part 1 is done will post.

renegade

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wraith said:
Upload error.
Am loading up the correct file, but have internet service issues. As soon as the upload for the correct part 1 is done will post.
hope you get that fix soon i can't wait to see your edit seems to be very good ;-)

renegade

Reaction score
Trophy Points
the error still remains, can you please fix it wraith?

thanks.

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
It is the right file. Someone has reviewed it and it is the only version out.
W

degenerationx

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wraith said:
It is the right file. Someone has reviewed it and it is the only version out.
W
i'm seeing it in jdownloader right and what the dlc contains is this "the DLC file contains file #2 to #18 from SL version and #1 from DL version", exactly this so i don't think that's right, the #1 from SL version is missing...

Omaru1982

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I just took a look at the dlc file, maybe they need to rename the DL file to SL ?

Peterson

Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The problem is that .info is not updated, and the old DLC file is still valid. From #2 to #18 from SL vers. and file #1 from DL vers.

...and NO, you can't download even if you change the name of the files, they have different size. The SL files are 200 and something MB big and the DL files are 600 and something MB.

UnknwnFactor

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Is there a different version than the one I D/L'd?

Everything worked okay for me when I D/L'd it for my wife and her friend (re: my review posted at fanedit.info).

Wraith

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
UPDATED....and checked

maes

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Hi,
I'm really keen to check this edit out, but I'm still having the same problem as described in this thread:

DG-DL.part01 - 691.41 MB
DG SL.part02 -> 18 - 238.24 MB

Just downloaded the .dlc file yesterday. There appears to be two links on the Fanedit.info front page, but they all point to a .dlc file with a last modified date of 27-Jan-2011.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I came here to report that the DVD has serious pixellation encoding problems (affectionately known as TetrisVision) but I see the original release was a DL DVD, while the one currently available is a SL DVD5. How did this happen? The available one looks like a really bad DVDShrink job.

vlcsnap2012111617h07m22.png

Neglify

Reaction score
Trophy Points
The one that is online is what Wraith mailed to me.

Dwight Fry

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I guess he should be contacted about the subject, to see if he can (and is willing to) provide a better copy.

Top Bottom