• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

DREAM DEMON, workprint edition (1988/2012)

dr.sapirstein

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dream_demon_workprint_dvd_cover_3.jpg

DREAM DEMON, Workprint edition
IMDB : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095063/
Type of edit : Special Edition
Original release date : oct. 1988
Fan edit release date : dec. 2011

ABOUT THIS EDIT
A re-creation of the original version (aka the "Cannes cut") of this great British 80's horror film ; using exclusive original film elements, completed by a couple of quick shots only used for the international market, all remastered. This fan-edit only differs for about 30 seconds with the released version(s), but it's mostly a good excuse to watch this rare British film in great quality, as it was never released on DVD, and the VHS is long out of print.

SOURCES USED

- Home-made transfer of an original Super16mm print of the "Cannes Cut".
- The Russian VHS of the film, only used for a couple of additional shots.

DVD SPECS
- 4,1gb DVD-R single layer / .iso
- Original 1.66:1 letterbox ratio
- 720x576 PAL 25fps
- 2-pass VBR 6000kbps
- Audio 1 : English [AC3 2.0 Stereo 448kbps]
- Audio 2 : French [AC3 2.0 Stereo 448kbps]
- Animated menu

DVD ARTWORK
here : http://www.multiupload.com/SFY9ES85CB
or here : http://www.multiupload.com/X34J2BXU4I
SCREENGRABS

Hadn't even heard of this one. I love discovering obscure gems! :)

^^ I'm with Dwight, a film that totally flew under the radar for me! ;-) Just a quick question: was the original Super16mm print of the "Cannes Cut" just ever released on VHS? Anyway congrats!

Sorry I wasn't clear : Dream Demon was released on VHS in many countries in a variety of edits - all of them shorter than the original Cannes cut. As I personnally own a Super-16mm print of the film, I made a digital transfer of it, remastered the film, and in order to make this the most complete cut of the film (as close as possible to what was first seen at the 1988 Cannes Film Festival), some quick scenes/shots only availbale in the VHS cuts of some markets were reinserted and color-corrected. This is the result, hopefully the best way to see this film. :hippie:

I can not find this one in the download section. Has it been removed, or can I still get it somewhere? Would be happy for some help, thank you. :)

Gandalf01 said:
I can not find this one in the download section. Has it been removed, or can I still get it somewhere? Would be happy for some help, thank you. :)

Check out his blog.

Back
Top Bottom