• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

DOOM - the posessed re-cut

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.

mrg5

Reaction score
Trophy Points
just wanted to say hello on behalf of me and my huny and thank you to the fan editors of doom! thank you so much for making a fantastic and (now) awesomely enjoyable dark, kickass, action flick!
thanks,
sebastian and jenny

ps. keep 'em coming!

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
is this about "DOOM - THE ACTION RE-CUT"? If so: thanks a lot for the nice comment. :)

DragonAngel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Didn't even feel like a fan edit as I watched it, but a Director's Cut.

I just wish the first person shooter part had been longer. :(

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
you liked the FPS bit?!?!?!?!? i assumed the director watched a total amateur play doom3 on a 286 or something. this guys supposed to be a marine or some sort of super soldier and hes walking around at a snails pace and then completely fails to shoot anything until its almost snogging his face off!

i really didnt like that scene at all! that being said i really enjoyed streetfighter the movie* so i should probably be locked away in a small box for the rest of my life for the benefit of all humanity.

*not really true

I will definitely be having a look at the edit cos i so wanted doom to be a great movie.

azzrael

Reaction score
Trophy Points
nOmArch said:
yi assumed the director watched a total amateur play doom3 on a 286 or something. this guys supposed to be a marine or some sort of super soldier and hes walking around at a snails pace and then completely fails to shoot anything until its almost snogging his face off!

ahem...

i wouldn't be so harsh on that sequence as you are for these reasons
(although you make a fine point here)

- ok he's a marine , but he's fighting in a closed space , with creature he knows nothing about (their speed , sound , smell , abilities whatsoever) -- he has not support (he's searching for his sister with no clue to where he is or going) -- he's just been shoot twice ( a bullet , than a superdope) -- he is not yet aware of his new abilities which could explain why he use them extincively in the end of the sequence (eg that big jump)

- from a big screen point of vue , althoug in doom 3 you see a pixel moving you shoot at it or even predict its course , on the big screen , there is no way it would have looked good if as soon as a target appeard it was blown away (could have even looked ridiculous : "shoot the poping target")

- imho the costume (it does looks like a goo'old rubber costume) is damed right hugly and far too much lit . The director , imho , should have gone the same trick as Cameron did for aliens (don't work on the costume too much , work on the angles , the motion , the lights )
[edit] obviously , not the angle ^^[/edit]

but nonetheless , i enjoyed the sequence the first time I saw it , but since have found out that the more I watch it the less I like it.

(i dunno if you can recall there is at the end of blade 1 a tiny little FPS sequence [shotgun , a vampire comming down the stairs] , I think it looks much much better (it's in the quake1 episode 1 kinda look and feel and colors)

nOmArch

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
i agree with all your points but the motivation behind mine is that the scene is supposed to 'mimic' an FPS game and it quite frankly does not (like you say) do that but takes a more realistic point of view of what it would be like if you were really in that situation.

sorry but if you're going to do an FPS scene in a movie (based on an FPS game i might add) then you damn well do it properly just like in the game.

the fps scene was so hyped before the release that i was really geared up for a total all out action assault on my senses but what i got was a watered down, limp-wristed, limp-dicked pathetic attempt at, what i imagined, would be one seriously kick ass sequence.

if i ever do an edit of doom then that sequence is definitely one of the ones thats going to spend the rest of its life on the cutting room floor.

it could of been SO good but the film-makers dropped the ball yet again. that said of all the game/movie crossovers i think this one has worked the best. and that is a sad thing really :(

azzrael

Reaction score
Trophy Points
for real life reasons (actually in order to get one) i dropped gaming around Quake3.
I did religiously go and buy my Doom3 though , and whenI booted up , once passed the "smack in your face" orgasm , I found out that no practice during a year is a real downer.
from memory , the feel of the FPS sequence does remind me of one of my first run though doom3 (aka beguiner's luck for the shots ^^)
oh with one tiny difference though : the movie fps sequence looks like it has the "all light are on" cheat activated.
exactly the same with much more darks and contrast in the picture could maybe have a better feel

Hey .. Oo

am i complaining because my realtime 3D looks better than good ol footage? ..
(JCarmack , I dedicate this post to you !)

:lol:

jason600

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Doom - The Possessed Re-Cut

What a difference a fan editor can make!

CBB have performed a miracle with this edit. Start to finish this is a first class edit, all the crap is removed, what’s left is put together seamlessly. Now its dark, its creepy, its atmospheric, it’s bloody brilliant!

Everything about this edit is quality, seamless editing, decent animated menu, the works. If I didn’t know it was a FanEdit, I’d assume it was a studio release.

Without doubt, the most professional FanEdit I have watched.

My rating of the original: 3/10
My rating of this FanEdit: 8.5/10

DragonAngel

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Forgot to give a numeric rating.. Oops!

10/10

I'd force my wife to watch it but she hates demons and horror and such.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
thanks a lot ofr the feedback, guys. I am really happy you liked it. And thanks again to Scaperat for the first idea to edit this movie and show me, what could be possible with it. I didn't have Doom on my editing list, but when I saw his fanedit (the original posessed cut) I was really astonsihed to realize their actually was a true horror movie inside this one.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
original film name: Doom - unrated director's cut
new film name : Doom - the posessed re-cut
film studio name : Universal
edit crew name : CBB

Date Original Film Was Released : 2005
Date Edit Was Released : 18 NOV 2006

Original Runtime : 113 min
New Runtime : 96 min

Amount of time Cut/Added : 2 minutes added 9 minutes cut

Cuts removed/added/extended :

1. Added intro sequence using scenes from Resident Evil and Doom Trailer.
2. Removed white shoes.
3. Removed legs cutting scene.
4. Removed strip search thread.
5. Removed Mac scene.
6. Removed Dr Grimm and Duke teasing.
7. Removed Reaper flashback.
8. Kept C24 explanation (which is a huge difference to Scaperat's first edit).
9. Removed almost the entire Ego Shooter sequence, except for plot.
10. Re-arranged ego shooter leftover.
11. Re-sounded ego shooter leftover.
12. Removed flying sequence from showdown.
13. Added new end credits

Conceptual improvements/advancements of edit over original:
I tried to make this a scarier, darker, less funny experience, prety much in the spirit of ALIENS. This is not supposed to be a video game movie anymore. It is supposed to be a true horror/action movie. Therefore I cut a lot of nensense and crap, most of all the ego shootersequence, which just did not fit to the overall atmosphere, and the teasing scene between Duke and Samtha, which was really hard to take because of bad acting. My edit is based on Scaperat's ideas and his fanedit: Doom - the posessed cut. Imade this editionwith his authorization.

DVD Details:
96 minutes NTSC 2.35 anamorphic widescreeen AC3-5.1
Single Layer, 3.8GB, 4500kb/s vbr video, 448kb/s cbr audio
languages ENGLISH GERMAN
subtitles: ENGLISH
Animated menus
Cover and disc art
2 deleted scenes

Time needed for the edition: planning: 1 week editing: 5 days sound editing: 2 days DVD layout and features: 7 days persons involved: 1

doom_PRC2_by_boon23_3D2.jpg

RS on linktalk (DVD and xvis)
BT on piratebay (xvid only)

kenobeat

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I watched the avi version this summer. good job! now the film is more watchable than the original one :)

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
BT on piratebay (xvid only)

Avishai101

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I gotta say... while this is better than the original, the movie still sucks. It makes sense, is linear... but it's still really pointless. We don't care about any of the characters, and it's just really boring. It still feels like a video game, but I don't think anything but the insertion of new scenes can change that.

boon23

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
this is now available through USENET (or newsgroups).
I will upload most of my fanedits there now, because there they are safe from deletion for at least 2 years. Download and upload are easy and super fast (but not free). Enjoy!

NZB should be on fanedit.info soon. Or you can search on binsearch or newzleech for "fanedit"

SHODANFreeman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:

Usenet is impossibly difficult to set up, and I tried reading several guides, the main problem is that it requires you to pay money to use it. I'm not paying money to be able to download fan edits of movies I already own. Enjoy your tiny community that will never get any bigger because you refuse to use accessible technology. I'm done with this crap.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
SHODANFreeman said:
Usenet is impossibly difficult to set up, and I tried reading several guides, the main problem is that it requires you to pay money to use it. I'm not paying money to be able to download fan edits of movies I already own. Enjoy your tiny community that will never get any bigger because you refuse to use accessible technology. I'm done with this crap.

:ban:

SHODANFreeman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
TV's Frink said:

Please do, I have no intention of ever coming back here. It's completely illogical to force people to pay for usenet service. Use torrents like the rest of the internet.

Top Bottom