• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Don't upgrade you 360 dashboard without reading the new TOS

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
If you agree to the new terms of service you agree to not sure Microsoft or join any class action suits against the company. All disputes will be dealt with in private arbitration.

ATM this only applys to US citizens, but still

Thought this needed to be pointed out.

I myself refuse to agree to such terms

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...unELbdkiFogNerw5w&sig2=c9EiZ7BWMp-p4os42cSFog

18.1.4. BINDING ARBITRATION. IF YOU LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES, YOU AND MICROSOFT AGREE THAT IF YOU AND MICROSOFT DO NOT RESOLVE ANY DISPUTE BY INFORMAL NEGOTIATION UNDER SECTION 18.1.2 ABOVE, ANY EFFORT TO RESOLVE THE DISPUTE WILL BE CONDUCTED EXCLUSIVELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE ARBITRATION PROCEDURES IN SECTION 18.1.7 BELOW. YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BY AGREEING TO BINDING ARBITRATION, YOU ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE (OR PARTICIPATE IN AS A PARTY OR CLASS MEMBER) ALL DISPUTES IN COURT BEFORE A JUDGE OR JURY. INSTEAD, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED BEFORE A NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, WHOSE AWARD (DECISION) WILL BE BINDING AND FINAL, EXCEPT FOR A LIMITED RIGHT OF APPEAL UNDER THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT. ANY COURT WITH JURISDICTION OVER THE PARTIES MAY ENFORCE THE ARBITRATOR'S AWARD.

18.1.6. CLASS ACTION WAIVER. YOU AND MICROSOFT AGREE THAT ANY PROCEED*INGS TO RESOLVE OR LITIGATE ANY DISPUTE, WHETHER IN ARBITRATION, IN COURT, OR OTHERWISE, WILL BE CONDUCTED SOLELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, AND THAT NEITHER YOU NOR MICROSOFT WILL SEEK TO HAVE ANY DISPUTE HEARD AS A CLASS ACTION, A REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, A COLLECTIVE ACTION, A PRIVATE ATTORNEY-GENERAL ACTION, OR IN ANY PROCEEDING IN WHICH YOU OR MICROSOFT ACTS OR PROPOSES TO ACT IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY. YOU AND MICROSOFT FURTHER AGREE THAT NO ARBITRATION OR PROCEEDING WILL BE JOINED, CONSOLIDATED, OR COMBINED WITH ANOTHER ARBITRATION OR PROCEEDING WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT OF YOU, MICROSOFT, AND ALL PARTIES TO ANY SUCH ARBITRATION OR PROECCEDING.

STANKPAC

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ So you are refusing to agree to the terms because you want to keep your right to sue Microsoft?! Sue them for what....for using their services, e.g. XboxLive? You do realize they are a buisness and like any business they are taking preemptive measures to cover their asses. :shock:

nightstalkerpoet

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Covering their asses by banning class action suits comes across as pretty fishy though... are they expecting something to come up that requires something this intense?

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ So you are refusing to agree to the terms because you want to keep your right to sue Microsoft?! Sue them for what....for using their services, e.g. XboxLive? You do realize they are a buisness and like any business they are taking preemptive measures to cover their asses. :shock:
This is a direct result of the ATT ruling and MS waiting to see how the Playstion customers handled the new TOS, so now MS jumped on board.

I know the chances that i would need to sue them are slim to none but i refuse to give my rights away. I had them cancel my account refund the money for the balance of my paid time and also got them to refund all of my MS point purchases for the past month. I told them I purchased said items with good faith that the service would not change, it has changed in a bad way to where i no longer have access to the content i paid for. Dude spent 2.5 hours on the phone trying to talk me out of it.

Its principle. There is no reason that a company should be able to say "it doesnt matter how bad we fuck you, we put in our TOS you cant sue us."

That's shady.

Top Bottom