• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Does Barak Obama Dislike Britain?

FatherMerrin

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Howdy folks,
As there are a lot of Americans on this site I was hoping if you could answer this question for me...

Does Barak Obama Dislike Britain?

Obviously being from England I'm only getting the British media's take on things so I'd like to hear an American point of view.

He wont like England after tonight :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I've never heard anything about an anti-Britain slant. Don't know what they are saying there...

ThrowgnCpr said:
I've never heard anything about an anti-Britain slant. Don't know what they are saying there...

BP is half american owned anyway and blaming a nation for a companys mistake is a bit OTT.

I agree with you there. I don't think that any blame needs to go on another country there. Its as much our fault. And the company really needs to be held accountable.

I didnt actually believe I'd get to see the planet die in my lifetime.
thanks BRITAIN :smile: ;)

No while BP stands for British Petrol, I totally believe this is an American FUBAR.

I am no environmentalist but FFS, we can put a man on the moon but cant plug a hole in the ground.

As for politics, I am about as informed as your average 1st grader there.

elbarto1 said:
No while BP stands for British Petrol, I totally believe this is an American FUBAR.

BP hasn't stood for British Petroleum for quite a few years. The old British Petroleum merged with another company called Amoco, which was American, and then with two other companies, one of which was also American. BP is just a name now. It's a multinational company. I don't think this will seriously affect relations between the two countries.

see, i told you i know as much as a 1st grader :smile:

BO dislikes America.

I agree with what's been said regarding BP, it's just as much a US business as a UK business. I don't think the American Media, People or Business Community is Anti British, but with the way Barak Obama has been acting I'm not so sure.

I just think his current language is so far removed from the language he used in his eloquent speeches & the fact he made of point of calling BP British Petroleum it just seems like he's got a chip on on shoulder about something.

Apparently his Grand Father (whom he never met or knew) was tortured by British forces in Kenya, so that might explain his chippyness.

But surely if you're the leader of a country you've got to act in the best interest of your country, not pursue personal gripes. I just don't see how un-statesmanlike like language like "Kick some Ass" & "Putting the boot to the throat of BP" is helpful to anyone.

Has Obama bribed Mr. Green?

Jokes and thread-hijacking aside, poor poor man for letting that one in.

y'all... all politicians of any country worth anything are all on the same team. globalization (aka international bankers becoming more rich) dictates policy, not politicians or other elected officials.

so... does it matter who likes who? not really...

It matters when everytime Obama opens his mouth BP's share fall. That company needs all the money it's got to sort this problem out, so wiping a 3rd off it's value because of unrelated issues isn't smart.

AvP said:

dude, playing football like yesterday won´t get you anywhere near the cup...

:oops:

Heinrich said:
AvP said:

dude, playing football like yesterday won´t get you anywhere near the cup...

:oops:

Oh well.. we didnt lose but beaten the french :D

To be fair it was mainly the goalie that fucked it all up, must have sucked to be him last night...

Yeah, but Emile Heskey missed a sitter. I mean it's great he can set up goals but it would be nice if he scored a few now & again.

Back
Top Bottom