• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This new blu-ray trailer is fab and perfectly timed for me as it's a sequel to...

...'Mindwarp' which I just watched the other day.

It's pre-ordered!

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
This new blu-ray trailer is fab and perfectly timed for me as it's a sequel to...

...'Mindwarp' which I just watched the other day.

It's pre-ordered!
Awesome, but weird to place this minisode on a set for the series prior to 'Trial', but that's what you get for putting the latter out first

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not what I was expecting, but that makes the Sixth Doctor the first to have all his seasons on Blu-ray. Just one more for McCoy. Can we get another of Davison's?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not what I was expecting, but that makes the Sixth Doctor the first to have all his seasons on Blu-ray. Just one more for McCoy. Can we get another of Davison's?

Although since the 6th Doc started toward the end of S21, he's still not got a complete run either. For that reason it would be good if they did Davison's S21 next but I bet they do S20 instead to be difficult :LOL:. S20 does have 'The Five Doctors' (one of my favourite classic stories) so I don't mind.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Season 20 has been ready to go for a while, except for a few features they need to finish. Mark Strickson has been home in New Zealand since COVID started and they can't finish the features without him, so are opting to wait until he is available again. I imagine that at this point a 60s set will be next in the pipeline, specifically Season 2 as a few of the remaining cast members have alluded to filming a Behind the Sofa for the Collection.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^ Sounds like your finger is on the pulse of DW blu-ray info, thanks :) .

I'd have thought they'd wait on the first two Doctors until they'd created and milked all the stand-alone animated blu-rays first. According to wikipedia, the S2 serial 'The Crusade' is still incomplete. Hopefully when they do, they'll take a similar approach to the recent 6-episode 'Shada' blu-ray re-release and redo the animations in the style they were originally seen in e.g. b&w and 4:3, not 16:9 colour like 'Power of the Daleks'.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There are a total of 97 missing episodes of the classic series, 44 First Doctor episodes and 53 Second Doctor episodes. Although the video is lost, original audio recordings of all 97 episodes do still exist and were at one time available for purchase on CD, but I'm sure they're out of print now. 44 of the missing episodes have been recreated in animated form using the original audio, and one (Mission to the Unknown) was re-created with new actors because it is a standalone story with none of the regular cast. There is also an unofficial animated reconstruction of that episode available online in various places. Production of animated reconstructions has really slowed down, but "The Abominable Snowmen" is scheduled for release later this year. I'm really hoping that they do finish animating the remaining 52 episodes, and that eventually they package the entire series as a giant box set; or at least make all of the seasons available for purchase in their individual season boxes.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
There's a rumor that the animations are done-zo for now. Hopefully false.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
BBC America has pulled its funding from the animations, so unless someone else steps in they will be done.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
65RQ.gif

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In other news, RTD has brought back Phil Collinson to produce, and there's major rumours circulating that David Tennant is returning also.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
In other news, RTD has brought back Phil Collinson to produce, and there's major rumours circulating that David Tennant is returning also.
It's about time they did another 5 Doctors style big team up. Paul McGann still looks just young enough to get away with bringing him back and Christopher Eccleston might be up for it now.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yeah, it's possible Eccleston would have come back for Chibnall but no way is he coming back for Davies.

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone know why Tom Baker's Season 6 Blu Ray Collection still does not have a Region One release date?

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Eccleston has said over and over and over at conventions that he's only willing to do Big Finish.

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone know why Tom Baker's Season 6 Blu Ray Collection still does not have a Region One release date?

Just the BBC doing its usual thing. It usually releases about three months after the UK release, so I'd expect a mid-March release, maybe early April at the latest. There hasn't been anything major found on the discs that need to be fixed so nothing like that should be delaying the release.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've recently rewatched the Wicker Man-esque Pertwee serial 'The Daemons'. One of the very best and the whole of S8 is top notch too.

I was thinking how good Damaris Hayman (who plays the white witch Miss Hawthorne) would've been as a female DW, if they'd gone for that much earlier. She's wonderfully excentric but forceful with her opinions and is exasperated by others not understanding her ideas in a very Pertwee way.

E3BlvgHWYAEnVsG.jpg

Top Bottom