• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I agree with most of your assessments.  The Sensorites is incredibly dull.  I liked Reign of Terror a bit more than you did.  I haven't sat through the entire reconstruction of Marco Polo, on the DVD there is a 30 minute version, but I liked it well enough.  Season 2 is even better.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Handman said:
I agree with most of your assessments.  The Sensorites is incredibly dull.  I liked Reign of Terror a bit more than you did.  I haven't sat through the entire reconstruction of Marco Polo, on the DVD there is a 30 minute version, but I liked it well enough.  Season 2 is even better.

I wrote my review of the whole season, then found Reign of Terror, and really quickly after watching, added my thoughts to make the review 'complete'. I've sat on it since and think that was more of a reaction than a review. Really I don't mind the story, pure historical is just not usually what I come to Doctor Who for. It has a lot more going for it than the Sensorites. I think the animation left a worse taste than I initially thought. Now some time has passed I don't remember it as clearly and kind of just remember the whole, if that makes sense.

I've since watched through a chunk of season two, I may have cried in front of my wife seeing Susan leave. I had seen the "yes, I'll be back" speech before as a clip and had even skimmed the story before. Seeing it in full in proper context with the previous stories in my pocket, it hit me. But this show often does, sometimes at weird times.

I also watched the new, new year special. I liked it a lot! It was long enough to give time to character interactions and it was a lot of fun. And there were surprises even though the media spoiled plenty.

I dunno, I'm trying to share thoughts without spoiling anything, I watched it free on the bbc america website, don't know how long it'll be available, but curious US viewers can watch there for now. Try to watch the previous special first if you haven't and are able, it'll help.

Handman

Reaction score
Trophy Points
It is such a shame most of the third and fourth seasons are gone (obviously).  There is an incredible Hartnell moment in season three in a story that is completely lost.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
And while I'm at it, why haven't I posted this gem yet?

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
^^ Yay!  I think S24 was the first one I watched live on TV (after some home taped VHS tapes of the other Doctor's).  There are moments in 'Time and he Rani' that scared the hell out of me.  Langford is irritating but at least Ace turns up at the end.

It's pre-ordered already.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
TM2YC said:
^^ Yay!  I think S24 was the first one I watched live on TV (after some home taped VHS tapes of the other Doctor's).  There are moments in 'Time and he Rani' that scared the hell out of me.  Langford is irritating but at least Ace turns up at the end.

It's pre-ordered already.

I always wondered who would win a scream off between Mel and Victoria! :)

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
71%2Bq1WdzWyL._AC_SX342_.jpg

The release date for the S24 collection is disappointing on AmazonUK:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/Doctor-Who-Collection-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B08TJYDBJV/

"Release date : 31 Dec. 2030 "

LastSurvivor

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Anyone else receive Season 8 on blu ray yet? Mine came yesterday... looks gorgeous as always. Pertwee is more or less my favourite Doctor and obviously this was the season that not only introduced The Master, but companion Jo Grant too. I'll be intrigued to see how the new CSO effects look on Terror of The Autons and I can't wait to see Barry Letts' 90 min cut of The Daemons - which is basically like an official fanedit :D

keithbk

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm still waiting for someone to turn "At the Earth's Core" into the third Cushing Dr. Who movie...

Same producer as the prior Dr Who/Dalek films (Milton Subotsky), Doug McClure calls Cushing's character "Doc," and Cushing plays the part just like his Doctor....

Trim the beginning out, overlay a TARDIS where the drill arrives, and the film is easily the 3rd Cushing Doctor Who movie. Very few other edits needed, other than opening and closing credits. Turn the Earth's core into another planet and it totally works.

At the Earth's Core Trailer:

Last edited:

Hymie

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I was watching the MST3K of this movie and was wondering why there wasn't an edit myself. Unfortunately, I rarely have the time to tackle (or even watch) edits these days, but this seems like a movie ripe for repurposing.

TomH1138

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm still waiting for someone to turn "At the Earth's Core" into the third Cushing Dr. Who movie...

Same producer as the prior Dr Who/Dalek films (Milton Subotsky), Doug McClure calls Cushing's character "Doc," and Cushing plays the part just like his Doctor....

Trim the beginning out, overlay a TARDIS where the drill arrives, and the film is easily the 3rd Cushing Doctor Who movie. Very few other edits needed, other than opening and closing credits. Turn the Earth's core into another planet and it totally works.
Oooh! I don't own that movie, but that's a fun idea for someone who does!

For a while now, I've felt like those filmmakers should have capitalized on the success of the original Star Wars by cranking out a third Cushing Doctor Who movie in the late '70s, this time loosely adapting Genesis of the Daleks.

Top Bottom