• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Doctor Who: The Doctor Falls-Redacted

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

the-doctor-falls-redacted.jpg
RIP Doctor Who: 1963-2017 is a statement I do not agree with on any level.​
While it is arguable the show is presently going through it's most polarising and divisive era in many years, heightened by sensationalist Youtube channels more concerned with negativity-for-clicks ad revenue than open-minded journalism, there are still the occasional flashes of briliance still there, and I do not hate Chris Chibnall or Jodie Whitaker's performance as The Doctor.

That being said, when people say Doctor Who should have ended with series ten, or with Twice Upon A Time, I often wonder just how that can be achieved without

A. Permanently ending the series (some might openly prefer a Survival-type ending)
B. Ending the series on a cliffhanger that leads into a far worse episode

A couple of days ago,  I eventually put the possibilities into practice...and this is the result.

Not wanting to repeat myself with my two-in-one combo of "World Enough and Time" (which still ends on the Jodie regeneration), I opted to tackle just the second half of the series ten finale, as it's the one that required the most changes.​

Gone are any early signs of regeneration, and The Doctor sets off the final cataclysmic explosion a little earlier, the idea is to convey that it is Bill's girlfriend Heather than helps to heal The Doctor (as she says she can rearrange atoms however the person likes and manages to unconvert Bill...who says she can't mend Time Lords?), and offers Bill a trip across the stars. Bill chooses to return to Earth with The Doctor where they eat chips and 'mourn' the loss of Missy (using flashback footage from 'World Enough and Time')

No Jodie regeneration, none of Capaldi kicking up a fuss over not wanting to change again, no First Doctor meeting. Just Capaldi and Pearl camping out among the stars, another adventure behind them...and the adventures continue

password: tardis​

Back
Top Bottom