• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doctor Who: Deep Into The Dalek

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Fanmix time. I figured with the utter omnishambles Short Trips proved to be and the well-documented issues I was having with the Deep Breath portion, it was time to start afresh and come up with a completely different approach. To this end, I've come up with an alternative introduction episode for Peter Capaldi's Twelth Doctor, making use of some footage from Deep Breath and most of Into the Dalek

List of Changes

-Kicking things off in the edit right off the bat is the final third of Deep Breath, and the Doctor's companions knee-deep in danger. It's a typical Saturday night with the new Doctor introducing himself by pouring a glass and then debating life and death with The Half-Man. What serves as a decisive stand off becomes an enigmatic introduction to our favorite time lord.

-The titles kick in after Clara finds the TARDIS is missing from the courtyard 

-First use of Into the Dalek footage kicks off after the titles, with the new Doctor answering the distress call and reaching the asteroid base where he learns of the Dalek being held prisoner. We cut before we see what he sees

-Resume Deep Breath footage here with Vastra assuring Clara The Doctor will return for her. We end the footage once they arrive in Glasgow, but cut before they talk about buying chips and coffee.

-Cut to Danny Pink arriving for class. His drill sergeant routine with the boys has been cut

-Cut The Doctor and Clara talking about coffee and glasgow.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Just to clear something up when the edit's released

At the 26: 29 mark of the edit , you hear a door clicking just before Clara closes the door in the shot, this is not a miscue with the audio, that is actually The Doctor opening the TARDIS door, which becomes clear in the next shot. I was worried people would mistake that for an error, but rest assured it isn't.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
A screener copy is available now.

asterixsmeagol

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
FYI there's a typo in the description on IFDB. It currently says 
An attempt at combining footage from "Deep Breath" and "Into the Dalek" to create an entirely different debut adventure for the Eighth Doctor.

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
D'OH.
:(

Thanks

Fixed it now.

TM2YC

Take Me To Your Cinema
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Edit up on ifdb. Thread moved in space and time.

Top Bottom