• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Doctor Who-Dark Water: A Fanedit

Zarius

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
dark-water-1.jpg

Not exactly the edit you're expecting.

This isn't a Dark Water/Death In Heaven combo, frankly I find Death In Heaven rather droll as a concluding half, it's not exactly a resoundingly upbeat climax either.

With Clara and Doc giving in to their lies, Missy killing Osgood, and the Brig being given the ol' 'Telos Special', if Kate had died maybe it would a wee bit more memorably bleak but overall it's a dud and I would much rather fix it's first part...that, or the very least muck about with it as much as possible without care or consideration for the second half.

To this end, I went nuts, reducing the episode to a mere 35 minutes in length. I took out Clara's baffling attempts at treachery to force The Doctor to do her bidding, now she phones him, gets emotional, and Doc wilfully springs into action. We're off to the races, and to 3W, very much immediately. Next cut was Doctor Chang's attempts at grovelling for his life, now Missy kills him as soon as she admits identifying herself as a service droid was a lie.

And lastly, let's toss out the very notion Missy is The Master and maintain her mystery. I always liked Moffat's depiction of her as Guardian of the Nether-sphere, and would have much preferred Missy be a new villain. Say what some will about Chibnall's era of Doctor Who, but he stuck to crafting new threats to plauge The Doctor...were they well realised? In this editor's opinion, no, not all of them, but I appreciate the effort. If only Moffat had been brave enough to do the same with Missy, making her a unique and fresh foe for The Doctor, someone he had platonic or romantic connections with in the past, but could be virtually any kind of shape-shifting character besides just a time lady

Back
Top Bottom