• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Doctor Butcher MD - 33rd anniversary restored edit

tranzor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Most people are aware of the film under its normal title of Zombie Holocaust. However for the US, the Aquarius film company edited the film down a bit, tacked on a new intro from a completely unrelated film (tales to rip your heart out) and gave it a new soundtrack with music from killdozer and some other films.

Zombie Holocaust has had a number of dvd releases , but the US cut of Doctor Butcher still has not had any dvd release.

This preservation will be just that-- to restore (as best as possible) the Doctor butcher cut of the film. This would entail using the vhs audio and possible intro (I need to double check to see if the tales to rip footage given as a bonus on the zombie holocaust disc is worse quality than my vhs tape), bring out the sharpness and reducing the noise of the dvd source that is going to be used as well as ditching the interlaced pic and bringing it back to a progressive film rate (and of course keeping it anamorphic). Also possibly minor color correction as well

--enjoy

Killdozer, the band?

dario light said:
the japanese laserdisc has the full doctor butcher md cut !!!!

I am aware of the Japanese laserdisc but it would have burned in Japanese subs (and unsure if they are fully below the actual letterboxing or sort of in the picture, if the info on the lddb.com site is correct with the disc specs), optical censoring (if any) and due to age or type of pressing may or may not have laser rot issue If I could even find that disc at all.

Like I said the US cut HAS NEVER had a dvd version and obviously the dvd sources for Zombie Holocaust are going to be a hell of a lot better looking than the Japanese laserdisc would. Though I do check occasionally to see if it shows up anywhere and for a somewhat reasonable price (for the collector in me that would not mind owning it). I do have the German Zombie Holocaust SE laser that was released a number of years ago towards the demise of the format itself

thinking about finally starting this by the weekend

dario light said:
an austrian 3 dvd set of zombie holocaust has the doctor butcher md cut !!!! http://www.dvduncut.com/product_info.php?info=p9471_doctor-butcher-m-d---uncut--limited-999.html

Hi Dario,
let me give you the correct info about that disc since I own it (#921/999). It is not a 3 disc set but a single disc. Despite the Doctor Butcher cover (and why I had bought it from DTM a few years back) it is just another version of Zombie holocaust with the ZH title screen as well as soundtrack. The difference though between this and some of the other 2 and 3 disc German/Austrian editions is that this one features an English dubbing in addition to the German one (but still uses the original zombie holocaust music score, not the Doc D soundtrack)

I appreciate you looking around but yeah I was a bit let down once that disc arrived and I played it only to see it was another Zombie holocaust disc using the Doctor Butcher cover

dario light said:
the japanese laserdisc has the full doctor butcher md cut !!!!

Japanese laserdisc has now been acquired, once it gets here I can start--

Japanese laser has arrived, dying to see if the Folkes intro is in a true scope or just matted--

Very interesting to see that the Japanese laserdisc had the Roy Fumkes intro in regular full screen and once the film actually starts it switches to wide. In some sense it makes my job a little easier

project on the back burner but not forgotten

Back
Top Bottom