• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze - Detarnished!

slark

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Yes, indeedy.

Last year, I was contacted and, ahem, not-so-gently prodded into making some further improvements on "Detarnished". "Apocalypton" contacted me about a better, more fully-orchestrated (but similar in feel) version of "The Thunderer March" that he'd found, and when I checked it out, I agreed. As a result, I thought I'd redo the "Journey" sequence and the closing credits (the two instances where that music had been used). That led to EVEN MORE changes! (Ever noticed how Doc's answering machine message continues AFTER the record stops tracking?) After I'd invested quite a bit of work redoing some things, I suffered an SSD crash. I honestly was not aware that an SSD was "crashable" (being solid-state), but I learned that reality rather rudely. I was disheartened and, frankly, pissed off. I just no longer wanted to deal with it after that.

After a period of brooding, Apocalypton - who remained diligent in spite of my determination to avoid the whole affair - finally pitched to me the idea of taking it all off my hands entirely. Believe me, it was a tough decision to entrust my "baby" with someone else - an unproven quantity, yet. But then I figured, well, so was I when I started this thing. And just as the original, theatrically-released version of "Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze" still existed alongside "Detarnished" (AND "Doc SaLvageD"!), so "Detarnished" would continue to exist alongside "Doc Savage: Honored" (Apocalypton's chosen title).

At first, I was a bit alarmed: some of the edits he'd planned to make seemed TOO ambitious to be accomplished in the timetable he'd set. But it's been nearly a year now since he took on the project; I guess he's realized how organically these things can grow ;) - and getting things right doesn't always fall into line with our projections.

Anyway - the man is determined, and his intentions are good. I am looking forward - with great enthusiasm - to seeing what he has done, and I wish him Godspeed.

slark

P.S.: Oh, BTW - for those who might want to check out some of my pre-crash re-reedited clips:

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Wow, very cool! I like his new title, too. I only wish we could follow his progress. Following yours was the most fun I've ever had here.

addiesin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
tikifire said:
Is this still available anywhere? Can anyone PM me if it is?

This is not the place to discuss edit availability.
If this is your firs​t time here please read Using This Site. It's full of useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. This site has many rules in place to protect itself and its users. Should you ever need a reminder look no further: General Rules and Own the Source Rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to an admin for further details.

TV's Frink

You Catch On Pretty Quick
Staff member
Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
[MENTION=35637]rembrandt36[/MENTION] read the post directly above yours.

Ripplin

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I sent the edit to a bunch of people way back when. Finally heard back from one friend who is a comedian, actor and general comic book nut named Terence Bowman, and he thinks this is a big improvement. (obviously...but I was still glad to hear it)

hbenthow

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Doc%20Savage%20-%20The%20Man%20of%20Bronze%20Blu-ray%20Announcement%20GIF_zpsv14mxfjj.gif

"Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze" is getting a Blu-ray release.

https://www.facebook.com/warnerarchive/photos/a.275238161562.177744.205910361562/10154597964911563/

ImperialFighter

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, well, so Warner Archive is finally releasing this on Blu-ray.  Amazon says it's available on 1st November 2016, and it will be interesting to see how this HD remaster looks.  

However, slark's excellent 'Detarnished' edit will remain my definitive version. :)

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I thought this was pretty cool anniversary art....

b7576332033191.566b4af7831de.jpg

bionicbob

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Rewatched this fan edit classic recently.  Still holds up wonderfully.  Easily in my top five favourite fan edits of all time.

Feeling inspired, I thought I would try to create a dvd cover in the style of the Bantam Books that first ignited my imagination and love for all things Doc Savage.  :D

9qIqUHnm.jpg

GQGeO5Bm.jpg

PeTF21Eh.jpg

Not sure if it fully works, but it was fun to make.  :)

Top Bottom