• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

do i have to post my fanedit in the works forum?

g1orkatsos

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I am currently making my 2nd fanedit and i was wondering... Probably this is a stupid question but here it goes...
Do i have to post my fanedit in the works forum first, or can i just post it in the true fan edits forum and submit it whenever it is ready?

The True Fanedits forum is for completed edits. If you are done, use the submission form and then you can create a thread in the True Fanedits forum. If you are not done, either wait until you are done, or create a thread in the In-The-Works forum.

Opinion:

If you don't want to talk about it while you're working on it, you don't have to. But, don't make a True Fanedits thread. I believe when you submit the edit the admins make that thread so the timing of the thread and the release of the edit is correct.

Neglify said:
I believe when you submit the edit the admins make that thread so the timing of the thread and the release of the edit is correct.
Sometimes the admins make the thread, sometimes they are too busy for a while. There's nothing wrong with making your own TF thread once you've submitted.

Of course, this all assumes you are an approved Faneditor.

Good to know.

PS. You and I were typing at the same time. Ha.

TV's Frink said:
Sometimes the admins make the thread, sometimes they are too busy for a while. There's nothing wrong with making your own TF thread once you've submitted.

Of course, this all assumes you are an approved Faneditor.

i had one approved fanedit so far, and it was posted in the front page of the site as well. doesn't that qualify me as an approved faneditor?

g1orkatsos said:
i had one approved fanedit so far, and it was posted in the front page of the site as well. doesn't that qualify me as an approved faneditor?

Yes.

g1orkatsos said:
It does, I was just making myself clear for others who happen to read the thread.

And I'll talk to the admins about getting you your Faneditor badge.

This seems like a nice thread to weigh in on.

It is certainly NICE if you create your own announcement in the appropriate thread (True Fanedit or Extended Editoin). When you create it yourself, you are in complete control of how the edit is presented that first time out the gate, at least in terms of the Forum side. The only thing I would recommend is that you time it for when you actually submit everything for your edit, the form information and links for all needed elements including artwork. This makes the job of posting your edit a lot easier for us (me) and gives you full and complete control over the presentation (no having to go back and edit what I write up for you).

One word of advice if you go this route (not using an in-the-works thread prior to your release), make a big splash when you announce it. As you won't have the benefit of building a buzz or anticipation that an ITW thread can generate for you, if you want to grab people make that page sell your edit. Using pictures is always good, but also, be very clear in what the edit is, what sets it apart and why people should be interested, a trailer would be particularly helpful.

Good luck! (and your badge has been assigned).

Back
Top Bottom